Shortcut

josephyli

I am not sure if I am the only one who wants to do this, but I would like to create a iOS Shortcut, but I am not sure how to do this well. I want to be able to select text in any app, open Share, then search for that text in Accordance. For example, in my text editor, I would write some Scriptural references and by using this shortcut, I’d like to view those bible references in Accordance. Is this possible?

I have read the Help page for Using Links for Common Tasks, but I don’t know how to append, say, “Luke 13” to accord://: then convert to a URL? If anyone has experience in doing this, I’d be very appreciative! Bonus points if your shortcut also works on macOS!

The easiest way to see what a link should look like is to open a tab on Accordance for the text you want to use, search for some verses, right click/tap with two fingers to get the context menu, and choose Copy as Search URL. Then paste it somewhere and see how it’s made. 

Here’s a shortcut that uses a minimally specified URL to open the default Bible to a specified verse: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/5a9989cd86da4f5eb8bc3b59c765eae8. It uses dictation, and this means your have to pronounce the punctuation, like “John three colon sixteen.” I tried it on my MacBook, and it did open Accordance, but dictation didn’t work as well for me there as in iOS.

• Like 1