SSL Certificate for accordance.bible domain

Joe

I don’t know who needs to address is as it’s not really an app problem. When opening links through the web domain accordance.bible, most browsers are throwing an error. The certificate used in accordance.bible is the one used for the primary domain. It needs to have its own SSL certificate issued for accordance.bible or else we have to jump through several clicks / taps to get to the link. I’m all too familiar with websites and SSL certs, so I have some compassion. Thought I’d bring it up if no one else has. 

• Like 2

Hi,

Can you please detail the steps involved in getting to this error that you are referring to. We have not been able to reproduce this and I think we are not doing the same thing that you are doing to recreate this issue.

Thanks

Open https://accordance.bible with any web browser, and you should get an SSL error. This is because accordance.bible is trying to use the SSL certificate of accordancebible.com. Since accordance.bible ≠ accordancebible.com, any properly functioning web browser should refuse to accept this certificate and warn the user. In the post below, I have a screenshot of the error on iOS. I tried it again today and got the same error.

This is a website configuration problem, and it has been going on for several months. Whoever is responsible for configuring your website is going to have to fix it.

Edited by jlm
Fix typo

Yeah, I'm getting this in Safari. 

image.png

Ok, I wasn't using the 'https://'. The work around for now is to just use 'accordance.bible' or 'accordancebible.com'.

Copying as Location URL from the app also does this, and has been for quite some time.

Thanks for the added information. I will post all of this information for the programming team on their board.

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2022 at 4:17 PM, Billy32792 said:

Thanks for the added information. I will post all of this information for the programming team on their board.

Sorry for dropping the request and moving on. Others provided the relevant information for follow up.