Peshitta script font change

Philip Theis

Why must we be restricted to the Peshitta (Estrangla) font? Please allow the use of the Serto font for the Peshitta.

Edited by Philip Theis
  • Like 2

I would also support the idea of being able to switch Syriac scripts in Accordance. I think that would be very helpful.

Overall, I believe Accordance should lean into their Syriac/Peshitta tools. We should have English translations of the Peshitta - TAGGED - Gorgias Press has these (with Serta script). More Syriac Grammars and Lexicons. Also, access to TAGGED works by Syriac-speaking Eastern Church Fathers like Aphrahat and Ephrem.

Pretty much anything that has to do with Syriac should be put on Accordance. I would certainly buy it, and one can only think about the great contributions in research if more Syriac tools were accessible.

• Like 6

Amen Cole! With the founder of Accordance having such a strong commitment to Syriac, I am surprised to see so little being done in this area.

• Like 1

I'm very interested in any and all Syriac resources!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Same

Why must we be restricted to the Peshitta (Estrangla) font? Please allow the use of the Serto font for the Peshitta.

To request Serto is fine, and I'd also like to have it.  But you aren't restricted to Estrangela font, as Accordance also makes available the Peshitta in standard "Hebrew" letters also, called the HPESHNT-T module, which is even tagged.  (I've also uploaded some free User Bibles including a beautiful vowelized version of the Peshitta (see "Peshitta - 1905 UBS Text" at http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/bibles.htm

I'm very interested in any and all Syriac resources!

(I've also uploaded some free User Bibles including a beautiful vowelized version of the Peshitta (see "Peshitta - 1905 UBS Text" at http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/bibles.htm

Three of the other modules are manually transcribed manuscripts of the Peshitta version from the 11th to the 17 centuries.

- Khabouris Codex (11th-13th century)

- Houghton Codex (1199)

- Mingana Codex (1613)

They look like this (notice the slight variant reading in Joh 20:16)...

Captured 2375.jpg

• Like 2