Tagging error in Mark 2:21? Multiple Greek texts

Abram K-J

τὸ πλήρωμα is parsed as accusative and not nominative here. But this is true in NA28, UBS, codex transcriptions, etc. It's tagged this way across multiple GNTs. 

Unless something is going on in the Greek that I don't understand (which is why I'm posting here), the tagging is off. Morphologically it can be accusative, but not if it's functioning as the subject of an indicative verb here, right? (See Diagrams in attached screenshot, where it's shown as a subject, and one in parallel, no less, to a nominative noun.) 

The Gospel parallel Matt. 9:16 has αἴρει ... τὸ πλήρωμα, too, but there τὸ πλήρωμα is showing as nominative in the Instant Details, as I expect.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 2.26.58 PM.png

I think you are right, and the exact parallel in Mat 9.16 does parse it as a nominative.

I think it could be accusative with the sense that:

It (the ἐπίβλημα ῥάκους ἀγνάφου = unshrunk piece of cloth) takes away the fullness from it (the garment being patched.)

• Like 1

Was hoping you would weigh in, Mark. Thanks. Yes, that was the best I could come up with to read that as an accusative. Maybe it really can be read correctly either way, even if it is still a tagging error. 

• Like 1

Just coming back here to say †Rod Decker parses the word as nominative, in his (excellent) Baylor Greek Handbook. That settles it for me!

• Like 2