Atlas country colors

Kristin

Concerning the Atlas, is there a way to change the colors of the countries on "Modern Nations"? The color of some of the nations is so dark that the text can't be seen and I am hoping to be able to lighten the background colors.

I think this might be a setting somewhere but I can't find it.

Thank you for any help anyone is able to provide,

Kristin

You can't change the colors in the Modern Nations layer, but you can try using different background colors. I think "Light Browns" works well with the Modern Nations Layer. 

You can also try changing the Region Names and Route Site Names to white, our a different color that displays better against the vivid colors of the Modern Nations Region Layer.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 2.52.56 PM.png

Edited by Mark Allison

Hi @Mark Allison,

Thank you for the response. Concerning Light Brown, I love Light Brown and use it all the time. The only issue I have is when I try to overlay Modern Nations. The problem is that the background is so extremely dark that it does not work with the Sea in any fashion. If I set it to blue (my go-to font) it works fine with the Sea, but is barely legible on the nations. If I change it to white, it is hard to see on the Sea and "ok" on the nations.

I can attach a picture, but I suppose I would like to make this a feature request that the backgrounds have another option. Maybe instead of it being completely customizable, there could be a "Modern Nations Dark" (like it is now) and a second "Modern Nations Light" (which is more the theme of the "Light Browns."

Thank you for considering this,

Kristin

1535166297_Bildschirmfoto2022-01-17um12_45_32.png.b54e0a94ce58020cde0910534119c641.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

You can't change the colors in the Modern Nations layer, but you can try using different background colors. I think "Light Browns" works well with the Modern Nations Layer. 

You can also try changing the Region Names and Route Site Names to white, our a different color that displays better against the vivid colors of the Modern Nations Region Layer.

That's a great feature request, and I'll send it up the chain. It takes a little work, but you can set your "Extra Region Names" and "Extra Site Names" to white (or whatever color you prefer) and when you search for that site name, it will appear in your selected color. That way you can keep a dark color for sites and regions in light colored areas, and lighter labels for the rest.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 2.59.30 PM.png

• Like 1