Question about installation of NICOT and NICNT Modules

Tom Hogan

In 2015, I purchased the NICNT-21 and in 2016, I purchased the NICOT-25. When I install the NICOT-25 modules, I get the 25 volumes of the NICOT in one module as expected, but I also get two separate NICOT books as well, which already seem to be in the NICOT-25 (see attached screenshot). I'm not sure if this is a question for Customer Service or Tech Support, but do you know why the extra NICOT books show up, which seem to be duplicates of what's in the NICOT-25?

When I install the NICNT-21, I don't get all 21 volumes in one module, but I get the 18 original volumes in one module, plus the three revised volumes in another module, plus a bunch of other separate modules which appear to already be in the NICNT-18 module. do you know why the extra NICNT books show up, which seem to be duplicates of what's in the NICNTT-18? If I remove the extra books from my Library, they just show up in the Easy Install module as if they need to be installed again, even though they seem to be duplicates of the ones in the all-encompassing modules.

Also, Is there a module that has all 21 of the NICNT volumes in a single module so I can have all the volumes I purchased in a single module? Or better yet, is there a single module that has both the NICOT-25 and the NICNT-21 in the same module? The reason I ask this is because I would like to set up the combined module as my default Verse Reference for Amplify in the iOS apps so I don't have to switch it if I'm reading the OT vs. the NT or vice versa (or reading one of the books that has an updated volume). 

I'm running Accordance 13.3.2 and my MacBook info is below. I'm running the latest versions of Accordance on my iPad Pro and iPhone X as well.

Blessings!
Tom

modules.png

mac.jpg

Hi Thomas,

This is not an easy one to answer. This information was provided by our Director of Customer Service.

https://accordancebible.com/Updated-NICOT-And-NICNT/

https://accordancebible.com/article/updated-nicot-commentary-series-022019/

https://accordancebible.com/article/updated-nicnt-commentary-series-022019/

When volumes of a commentary set are replaced and removed from updated versions, we make those volumes available individually for download in Easy Install, so that if a user were to upgrade to the newer or updated commentary sets, they will not lose the original volumes that were replaced.

For NICOT-25, the individual volumes of NICOT-Hag & Mal and NICOT-Nah Hab Zeph were replaced with newer and updated volumes. Since these volumes are already included in the NICOT-25, one does not need to download or install them. They can be disregarded. If a user decides to upgrade their NICOT-25 to the NICOT-28R or the NICNT 21 volume set to the NICNT-20, then the replaced volumes can be downloaded later. The intention is to allow users to keep their owned content and be able to place the volumes in parallel in order to compare them, if they wish to do so.

The same goes for the NICNT-21 and, as Helen explains in her blog. There are 7 volumes, NICNT-John, NICNT-Romans, NICNT-1Cor, NICNT-Galatians, NICNT-Col Phm Eph, NICNT-Hebrews, NICNT-James that would be available for download separately in Easy Install because they were removed and are no longer available in the updated sets.

At this point until you upgrades your sets, you should have the NICOT-25 and NICNT-18 and the NICNT2-3, 3 revised volumes (John-2010/J. Ramsey Michaels, Hebrews-2012/Gareth Lee Cockerill, James-2011/Scot McKnight) installed in your library. The rest you can ignore for now.

Hopefully this helps.

Thank you very much for the thorough explanation!

Blessings!
Tom