Make more space by reducing column width by Text Browser

TYA

Hi Accordance Team,

From my viewing experience, it seems like a little extra screen real estate could be created by reducing this middle column next to the Text Browser a little bit.  Since we're blessed with so many texts in Accordance, I'd like to maximize that viewing space.

Captured 2141.jpg

• Like 5

Yes!! Low hanging fruit that would significantly impact my user experience 

• Like 2

Actually, I'd like to get all that left column stuff into a single line so that more versions would be visible at a single time.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, mgvh said:

Actually, I'd like to get all that left column stuff into a single line so that more versions would be visible at a single time.

I just need the resource title.

Or do people just need resource title and cog?

Does anyone need the cog?

Does anyone need to be able to use the paragraph alignment and adjust the font?

its great having features but i wonder how many some get used and whether real estate is more important on a day to day use. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

I have had to adjust the font size on occasion ... eyesight is not what it used to be

1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

I have had to adjust the font size on occasion ... eyesight is not what it used to be

HA! Same here. BTW, a little Verse Lookup = Text Browser tip: If you hold down the ALT (OPT on Mac) key while you click on the larger or smaller A in any single version, it will de/increase the font in all the versions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ukfraser said:

I just need the resource title.

Or do people just need resource title and cog?

Does anyone need the cog?

Does anyone need to be able to use the paragraph alignment and adjust the font?

its great having features but i wonder how many some get used and whether real estate is more important on a day to day use. 

I think just the resource title is enough. You could have the option of a right click on the resource title to bring up a menu with the other items. The font could be set at a global level in the preferences, so that you would not need to change it at the local level.

On a somewhat related topic, getting a higher resolution, larger size monitor helps. I have gone from 1920 X 1080 monitors to 27" 2560 X 1440 displays and that definitely helps with the amount of things that you can display, especially since I also like to have larger fonts as the eyes are not as sharp as they used to be.

• Like 3