Unable to create keyboard shortcut for Save Text Selection

Matthew J McCaffrey

Under Big Sur 11.6.1 (but the issue exists on earlier versions of MacOS as well) and Accordance 13.3.2

I am unable to create a keyboard shortcut for the Save Text Selection->Plain Text… or RTF… submenus. I have used the appropriate conventions for doing this, but find that this menu item is not listed at all in the Accordance Keyboard Shortcut preferences, and when I set it up in the MacOS Keyboard Shortcuts preferences (see attachments) nothing happens when I invoke the shortcut. I've used both the ellpsis […] and three periods [...] variations for the menu item, but it simply seems to ignore that the item exists. (And yes, I'm trying this with text selected, understanding that it's a dynamic menu.)

My work involves excerpting short passages for personal study, and when I'm working with Accordance I do this many times during a session. Going up and dropping down the menu each and every time is a major annoyance.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks for your kind assistance.

11_16_21__2_52_PM.jpg

Keyboard.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this request for technical support. I’d like to know one way or the other. Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/29/2021 at 1:22 PM, Tech Support said:

I believe this is a feature request.

Thank you! Still following…