Targums Wordmap Update Problem

Fabian

Hello Mark

Thanks for the update. 

1. I have again problems to update it. Monterey 12.1 Beta. Is the Beta the guilty one?

2. Can you add whats changed to 2.0?

Thanks

Fabian

• Like 1

I have standard Monterey (not beta) and Accordance keeps telling me I should 'update' to what looks like an earlier version of the Wordmap - should I be worrying?

1) Sorry about the update issue. Until we're able to figure out what's causing the problem, just delete the WordMap from your Library and install using Easy Install. 

2) Version 2.0 completes the Pentateuch. 

Edited by Mark Allison

20 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

I have standard Monterey (not beta) and Accordance keeps telling me I should 'update' to what looks like an earlier version of the Wordmap - should I be worrying?

The current version is 2.0. You might want to try deleting the WordMap from your library and reinstalling using Easy Install. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mark

Its even more strange.

I have deleted the Wordmap and reinstalled. I have not the full Tora, but it says there is still an update.1394987356_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-11um20_41_58.thumb.png.da02fc76d5af16e343f19a3f8a2739b1.png

From what I understand there's a bug that's not clearing content updates. If you check the version of the Targum Wordmap that's installed after you make the first update attempt, it is 2.0. But the update is going to remain there, unnecessarily, until a fix can be released. Regardless, you should have the full update installed.

fwiw, if your WordMap has the entire Pentateuch, then you have the update 🙂

6 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

fwiw, if your WordMap has the entire Pentateuch, then you have the update 🙂

Yes, I was sure I have the update. Thanks.

• Like 1

I see now there are new updates. 

395904574_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-12um19_29_12.thumb.png.a809d9ed16bfbb7c6ca17399fb310111.png

They also won't install......

Interesting the older ones worked. See first Image  of this thread. There was only the WordMap. Now all have problems. 

Compare this image with the first one. You'll see the update process was successful with the Targum texts.  

1080802578_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-10um21_38_30.thumb.png.d612428bbbb65fe74e176b6aaafbd20b.png

Conclusion: It is worst than before.

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Same issue. 

Deleted, installed again and still the update for the Targum WordMap !!

And in my both MacMini and Macbook...

• Like 1

Today I had again new updates. Thanks to that.

2116775955_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-17um07_45_44.thumb.png.e3d0fa0d8f4cf1cd3146bcee737b315d.png

After running update. But still not all want to update. 

1035039274_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-17um07_47_28.thumb.png.aa7b9f843920a76471e3badb1420d2ec.png

Fabian

• Like 1

New trial.

272963306_Bildschirmfoto2021-11-17um16_35_08.thumb.png.6d450ad0c3b05c1cd035c20877481973.png

The WordMap is still on 2.0.

Edited by Fabian

Wordmap has finally updated to version 2.3 on my Mac, along with the full Torah -- but there are quite a few new and remaining problems with this material:

a) instant details do not align much of the time, but tend to trail the hi-lited material on any complex verse

b) If you copy a single word, it will not copy in Unicode, but only in Roman code, but browsers will think it is Hebrew and display it on the right side of the screen.

c) If you copy a single vertical block, only the MT word is copied, and it only in Roman as above

d) to copy in Unicode you must copy more than a single block of text and then paste in somewhere and then copy the Hebrew from the pasted material.

e) and, of course, there will always be disagreements over what matches what.

I append part of an email I sent to Leeor Gottlieb, the developer of the material:

--------------------

I copy an entire section of lines I get the Hebrew text in boxes as I have been sending you.  But when I copy a single word, the text is rendered in the native roman code.  Herewith an example:

bnw

but

Num. 4:24 

‏הַגֵּרְשֻׁנִּי 

מִשְׁפְּחֹת 

‎HMT

‏גֵרְשׁוֹן 

זַרעֲיָת 

‎TO

‏גרשׁון 

גניסת 

‎TPJ

‏דגרשׁון 

דבנוי 

זרעייתה 

‎TN

‏דג{רי}<יר>שׁוני 

TNM1

Note, btw, that the sequence "bnw' is treated as if it is Hebrew by the browser but displays in Roman.  So the trick is that one has to copy a full set of lines, and then you can copy and paste from that and it displays as Hebrew:

דבנוי

However, and this is even weirder, if you copy an entire single block of all the texts, such as the first one in the example above, what you get is the HMT entry alone and in code:

mIvVpÚVjOät  

In other words, you have to copy across at least two "boxes" to get the Hebrew in unicode.