important audio player upgrades

Kristin

I am requesting some upgrades to the audio player for Greek and Hebrew. If I understand correctly, the audio cannot be opened in something like iTunes, and if that is so, I would like to express why I had been trying to do so.

In the current Accordance player there is no speed adjustment (as I think several other posts have mentioned). Most of the time this is not an issue just to listen to it, but for the purpose of improving pronunciation, there is no way to do that at normal speed.

When I have learned other languages, for example, I take an audio file of a short sentence (similar to a verse), and then I slow it way down to make sure I am saying every syllable correctly. When that is easy, I speed it up just a little, then a little more, until I am able to speak at the pace of a native speaker while saying each sound correctly.

Anyone who has learned another spoken language knows the importance of this, just a slight pronunciation issue can completely change the meaning. (I will never, ever, ever forget the time in Germany when I tried to tell someone that, "My boyfriend works nights" (Nacht) but I said "My boyfriend works naked" (nackt), so I learned pronunciation matters.

Similar though, you can't just listen to a song (or a verse) slowly and improve your pronunciation. You rather need to say it over, and over, and over, and over until you practically have it memorized simply from saying it so many times. The "repeat one" function is thus critical.

In my ideal world I would open the Hebrew audio in iTunes, slow it way, way down, put it on repeat one and have it on in the background while doing something else, such as play with my cat.

As it is though, the current audio player in Accordance not only cannot be slowed but the only way to repeat it is to press "play" over and over and over, binding me to the computer as I do.

If there is really no way to open it in my native Mac music player, I am requesting the upgrades for the player to function similar to iTunes (or I think how they all pretty much do, I am just familiar with this one).

Thank you for considering this,
Kristin

• Like 3

1+

This has been requested in several threads.

It would be nice to hear from the Accordance programmers.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kristin, sorry I missed this before. Many of us would be happy to see some improvements to the audio player and I don’t have any help for you on that. However, you can actually access the audio files if you dig into the module package. I’ve considered importing everything into iTunes in order to make playlists of multiple chapters.

• Like 2

Bringing this kind of audio function to mobile would be fantastic to. I suspect today the vast majority of audio playback happens on mobile. A lot of other bible software companies are making improvements on this area. (That doesn't mean Accordance must follow it just signals a trend thats occuring because of needs/desire of the user base).

• Like 2