Installing Accordance 13 on my Windows 10 machine was a suplicio, a long difficult task & I cud not upgrade to .2. CODE 5 FRUSTRATION.

Enoch

I decided that I would put Accordance 13 on my Windows 10 PC, which already had Accordance 12.  However, I had great trouble doing in, during which I got the pop-up claiming I needed some code for a module.  And in the course of trying to install 13, Accordance 12 disappeared from access.  I got the same error messages over & over, telling me I needed to stop Accordance processes before continuing & not letting me go on. However, using control alt delete Task manager, I killed all the Accordance items, but still got the same error messages, stone walling the installation. So I decided to go back to my old DOS days (3.3 sigh) & try some command line operations.  However, for some reason the system would not let me do rmdir for the Accordance stuff, nor could I delete a lot of it. (& It is my computer which I am supposed to own! Tell that to Bill Gates.)  Finally, I adopted a new strategy, I added a new Directory which I named Acc13 to

C:\Program Files (x86).  Then when the prompt came to use a default folder (the old accordance folder), I opted instead to use my newly created acc13 directory instead.  Now it began to install; but it took forever. After a couple of hours I went to bed & left the computer running. In the morning I discovered that the Log In screen was showing & asking for my password, which I provided.  But I found that Accordance 13 had not installed.  But this time when I used the Easy install, things seemed to download fast, though the install follow up was rather slow.   With all the $20,000 or so worth of Accordance I have bought, there were of course lots to download & install.  So after another hour or so, it apparently installed.

So now today I tried to upgrade 13.1 to 13.2, but it failed twice:

1. Download [seems ok]

2. Install Update

3. answer yes to close Accordance - YES

4. Create Shortcut - NO (I tried first time with yes, same result)

5. Click install (click!)

6. "apps are using files that need 2B updated. Let Setup auto close" - NEXT

7. Extracting files -> ERROR message: "Program Files (x86)\acc13\DropboxDLL.dll  An error occurred . . . Delete File failed: Code 5 . . . Access denied"

8. Retry [SAME FRUSTRATION AGAIN]

9. ABORT (ignore is not recommended)

Is there anything I can do to make 13.2 install?

BTW, I had no problem upgrading 13.1 to 13.2 on my Mac, very fast.

I don't know what was done with 13, but now Accordance seems to be a nightmare from time to time.  The transition from 12 to 13 turned out to be a nightmare for me, both with my Mac setup & my Windows.  Perhaps installation can be made less problematic, as in former days.  I am thinking that if 13 ends up running well, I will probably not upgrade from that, but just sit tight.

Edited by Enoch

• Enoch changed the title to Installing Accordance 13 on my Windows 10 machine was a suplicio, a long difficult task & I cud not upgrade to .2. CODE 5 FRUSTRATION.

Enoch, I have no idea why you’re having these issues, but I can only imagine how frustrating it is. I really suggest contacting support over this. Although this is not normal behavior for an install, our support guys are real wizards in fixing this stuff. 

• Like 1

Hi Enoch,

We were sorry to hear of this difficulty.

There are times when a background instance of Accordance is running and even Task Manager cannot see it. As long as that process is running you will not be able to complete the installation. However, restarting the computer will end the Accordance background process every time.

We do not recommend changing the path to install the Accordance app. The correct path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Oaktree\. Once it has been changed it can be difficult to change back. You usually need to rebuild your Accordance Preferences folder at the least. For best results the executable file should be run automatically without making any changes.

We will be happy to screen share with you to work to get this corrected if you would like.

If you would prefer to do it, at this point it may actually be best to do a clean installation. If you have a good working installation on another Windows 10 PC, you can copy these folders over and create a clone of that working version. If you do not, you should 'rename' these folders for now so Accordance can't find them and then do a clean installation. You can delete them later or name them back to their original names if needed.

These are the folders:

1 - The Accordance program - (remove the OakTree folder) C:\Program Files (x86)\Oaktree\Accordance\Accordance.exe

2 - The Accordance folder which contains the modules, etc. (remove the Accordance folder) -   C:\ProgramData\Accordance

3 - Preferences - (remove the Accordance folder) C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences

4 - User Content (remove the Accordance Files folder) - Libraries\Documents\Accordance Files

AppData & ProgramData are hidden folders.

To show hidden folders on Windows 10: File Explorer > View > Check Hidden Items  or...

Control Panel\File Explorer Options\View\Advanced Settings box\Hidden Files and Folders\Show - Apply

You should probably also remove the Registry entries using Regedit before reinstalling Accordance. 

Inside Regedit select HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software and then find and delete both the Accordance folder and the OakTree folder.

Then carefully close Regedit.

If you would like assistance please contact us at techsupport@accordancebible.com or 407-339-0266. We will be happy to help.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like to turn my computer over to alien control.  The last time I recall doing that (I think it was with Accordance), the external control program remained in my computer & as I recall, I had a hard time getting rid of it.  I guess I may have to call Tech Support, though I hate to waste such time on an installation which I think should go automatically & without glitch.  As I recall, for some reason the command prompt system would not let me remove directories with Accordance. That is one reason why I made the Acc13 folder under Program Files (x86).  It seemed to install after I did that, though I could not upgrade to a higher decimal of Accordance 13.  I normally use Accordance on MacBook; I just also installed it on Windows PC for convenience when I am using the Windows PC, which I use for running MS Word.

Edited by Enoch