Luther's Works vols 1-30

wbryant

You do have Luther's works vols 31-54. Is there anyway you could also get vols 1-30? I know it is an older translation but this way one could own the complete set.

• Like 1

the publisher of vols. 1-30 in the past has basically decided to only do e-texts with another company and not use any other company. It's possible that decision could be revisited, but I'd be skeptical. The publisher currently is in a transition (they've lost two key figures, one by death and one by retirement), so maybe they're open to do something new, or maybe because they're in transition, they're not making any major decisions like this. 

I’m hopeful that new leadership at the publisher will be open to letting us release the first 30 volumes for Accordance.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

I’m hopeful that new leadership at the publisher will be open to letting us release the first 30 volumes for Accordance.

All you can do is ask! I'm hoping they see the light. It's not in their interest to put Luther under lock and key.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello.  Has there been any new developments on the possibility of getting Luther Works Volumes 1 - 30?  Someone on your sales team told me that your VP of Licensing will be meeting with Augsburg Fortress Press next week and this might be discussed, but they qualified that by saying they often aren't privy to what's in the pipeline of development.

14 minutes ago, Michael Chesanek said:

Hello.  Has there been any new developments on the possibility of getting Luther Works Volumes 1 - 30?  Someone on your sales team told me that your VP of Licensing will be meeting with Augsburg Fortress Press next week and this might be discussed, but they qualified that by saying they often aren't privy to what's in the pipeline of development.

Not sure that would matter. Luther's Works vols. 1-30 are published by Concordia Publishing House, not Augsburg Fortress.

Just now, mhanel said:

Not sure that would matter. Luther's Works vols. 1-30 are published by Concordia Publishing House, not Augsburg Fortress.

Regardless, I'm looking into it to see where we stand.

• Like 1

Just now, R. Mansfield said:

Regardless, I'm looking into it to see where we stand.

Hey more power to you. Just wanted OP to know that it was a different copyright holder and they're not related. I know CPH's stance in the past has not been conducive to dialogue. That's not on you, that's on them, unfortunately. It's my church's publishing house, I wish they had a different approach.

• Like 1

Just now, mhanel said:

Hey more power to you. Just wanted OP to know that it was a different copyright holder and they're not related. I know CPH's stance in the past has not been conducive to dialogue. That's not on you, that's on them, unfortunately. It's my church's publishing house, I wish they had a different approach.

The individual at Concordia who would never work with us is no longer there, so there is renewed hope 🙂 

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Any news on Luther's works 1-30?

• Like 1

I’m not seeing it on the list at the moment, so I’m asking marketing for a followup.

• Like 1