Evangelical Heritage Version

Dustin Battles

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Another vote to add EHV.  It's already available in Logos, but I much prefer doing comparative Bible study on Accordance.  Please add.

• 9 months later...

I also need the EHV. I saw on another thread that a licensing request was sent. Any progress? 

I have enough translations and having read the sample and publishers info, this is not something i would be interested in.

Reading the Genesis sample of the ehv, I thought this was an interesting foot note. 

07225F17-3716-42EA-879D-342C01361FCB.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

I'm locked out of my notes since I migrated data to a new MacBook Air. Someone DM me about this tomorrow, and I'll dig into it.

• Like 1

After browsing some sections, I'm surprised by how much I like it. The footnotes are interesting. Especially neat is how it uses half-brackets.

Footnote b (below) for Genesis 7:3: The words in the half-brackets are not present in the Hebrew text but are in the Greek Old Testament. It seems the Hebrew copyist’s eye might have jumped from the occurrence of female before the first half-bracket to the occurrence of female before the second half-bracket. The loss of this phrase would lead to the removal of the word clean near the beginning of the verse.

Also from the ⎣clean⎦ birds of the sky take seven and seven, male and female, ⎣and of all the unclean birds, one pair, a male and a female⎦[b] to keep their offspring alive on the face of the whole earth. 

• Like 2

That's interesting @Daniel L. I checked several translations and none of them added the LXX info in the main body of the text. It's interesting that translators have mostly chosen to stick solely with the HMT at Gen. 7:3. 

• Like 2

Do you have a publisher and ISBN for this?

• Like 1

Evangelical Heritage Version

Northwestern Publishing House

ISBN: 9780810028425

I noticed there's also "An EHV Study Bible"

ISBN: 9780810030138

The bad reviews for this on the web site are mostly/all about the small font and other physical issues that wouldn't be relevant to an Accordance version.

Contact page: https://online.nph.net/contact-us

• Like 1

Great! I'll add the info to my list.

• 5 months later...

Nathan, I also need EHV. Coming soon?

On 7/7/2023 at 12:01 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Great! I'll add the info to my list.

Are there any obstacles i.e. licensing, etc... that are hindering the inclusion of this version?

On 7/5/2023 at 7:47 PM, Daniel L said:

After browsing some sections, I'm surprised by how much I like it. The footnotes are interesting. Especially neat is how it uses half-brackets.

Footnote b (below) for Genesis 7:3: The words in the half-brackets are not present in the Hebrew text but are in the Greek Old Testament. It seems the Hebrew copyist’s eye might have jumped from the occurrence of female before the first half-bracket to the occurrence of female before the second half-bracket. The loss of this phrase would lead to the removal of the word clean near the beginning of the verse.

Also from the ⎣clean⎦ birds of the sky take seven and seven, male and female, ⎣and of all the unclean birds, one pair, a male and a female⎦[b] to keep their offspring alive on the face of the whole earth. 

It could just as easily be an addition caused by an eye jump. I think this is worth a footnote, but I do not think the support is strong enough to include it in the text.

I notice that BHQ notes the issue, but appears to have made mistakes in identifying the texts. 

The BHQ apparatus notes the inclusion of "clean" in the Greek and Sam. Pent. but in the BHQ textual commentary it notes the Greek and the Syriac. Both of the non-Greek references appear to be wrong; I believe the intended 2nd text is the Sam. Targums which do include the word "clean" but still lack the second phrase. 

image.thumb.png.4d7478172694971adb508811015923ac.png

On 7/6/2023 at 7:27 PM, Daniel L said:

The bad reviews for this on the web site are mostly/all about the small font and other physical issues that wouldn't be relevant to an Accordance version.

I just took a look at a few samples of this version (I did not know about this version until today); my impression is that the Hebrew narrative seems to be translated reasonably well, but the translation of Hebrew poetry is not great. 

Let me ask on this one.

I see many others wiser than me regarding the translation of Hebrew but a good litmus test for me has been Lamentations 3:19 where the KJV says "mine affliction and my misery." It's much better translated as my affliction and my wandering or homelessness." And this EHV passes with flying colors there. I want it. 

Please make sure it has Strong's for all of our lexical support and to notify us when we finally get it!!!