wifi sync question

A. Smith

I don't use dropbox sync (bad luck in the past w dropbox, plus I've got super limited internet now). Using wifi sync, I've got a few questions. When I get to the sync dialog and select the texts, the sync button is somewhat grayed out and, when I click it, nothing happens. In other words, I can't sync. Eventually I get a warning on iOS that an unknown error has occurred.

Second question, assuming I can get sync to work. Do I have to sync all the texts and everything every time I sync? Is there a way to only sync what's new?

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 06.25.08.png

Bump

Hi,

You had mentioned limited internet. The syncing is done over wifi and both devices have to be on the exact same wifi.

When syncing between a Mac and an iOS device, whatever is checked on the Mac will be synced to or left on the iOS device. Whatever is not checked will not be synced or will be removed if it is there already.

iOS Sync

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Mobile2/Content/Topics/02_Install-Update/syncing.htm

You have another option of an Ad Hoc network created directly between your Mac and your iOS device which doesn't involve wifi. It is a simple procedure and can be accessed through you Mac's WiFi dropdown (Create Network). This may be what you need due to the limited internet.

Here is a link to Apple’s instructions for this:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/create-a-computer-to-computer-network-on-mac-mchl98b9beb6/mac

Thanks

This was helpful. Thank you. 

On 10/29/2021 at 7:13 PM, Billy32792 said:

Hi,

You had mentioned limited internet. The syncing is done over wifi and both devices have to be on the exact same wifi.

When syncing between a Mac and an iOS device, whatever is checked on the Mac will be synced to or left on the iOS device. Whatever is not checked will not be synced or will be removed if it is there already.

iOS Sync

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Mobile2/Content/Topics/02_Install-Update/syncing.htm

You have another option of an Ad Hoc network created directly between your Mac and your iOS device which doesn't involve wifi. It is a simple procedure and can be accessed through you Mac's WiFi dropdown (Create Network). This may be what you need due to the limited internet.

Here is a link to Apple’s instructions for this:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/create-a-computer-to-computer-network-on-mac-mchl98b9beb6/mac

Thanks

For reasons I can't understand, it worked for my phone, but not iPad. Exact same set up on both devices. But, when syncing with iPad os, it simply froze on the screen I showed above. After about 10 minutes, when I canceled the sync, accordance on iPadOS crashed. 

Which operating system is on the iPad? There is a current known issue for older iPads running iOS 9 & 10. This issue has been corrected but I don't think it has been released just yet. It will be soon though. If you are not using these older operating systems then this will not apply in this situation. You can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com  for further troubleshooting if needed.

Thanks.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:57 PM, Billy32792 said:

Which operating system is on the iPad? There is a current known issue for older iPads running iOS 9 & 10. This issue has been corrected but I don't think it has been released just yet. It will be soon though. If you are not using these older operating systems then this will not apply in this situation. You can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com  for further troubleshooting if needed.

Thanks.

I’m using a 2019 iPad Pro with iPadOS 15. 

Well obviously that is not one of the older iOS versions. It should be working. Maybe something is caught in the cache and is blocking the process. 

You can quit Accordance by double clicking the home key (or dragging up and stopping on the newer devices) and then swiping the miniature Accordance screen from the iOS device.

Open the settings gear from the Apple home screen and (in the left hand column on iPad), scroll down and select Accordance.

Turn on Remove Saved Session and Clear Download Cache and then open Accordance again. Then try the sync again. You may want to check to see if you have the latest update for Accordance and iOS as well.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Billy32792 said:

Well obviously that is not one of the older iOS versions. It should be working. Maybe something is caught in the cache and is blocking the process. 

You can quit Accordance by double clicking the home key (or dragging up and stopping on the newer devices) and then swiping the miniature Accordance screen from the iOS device.

Open the settings gear from the Apple home screen and (in the left hand column on iPad), scroll down and select Accordance.

Turn on Remove Saved Session and Clear Download Cache and then open Accordance again. Then try the sync again. You may want to check to see if you have the latest update for Accordance and iOS as well.

Thanks.

No luck here, either. I really don't understand and I appreciate your further help. Ive tried with adhoc network to my mbp and with my home network. I'd be happy to email if that is easier for you. Unfortunately, I can't do phone support and probably can't do a screen share either, due to my limitations. I've considered doing a clean instal on the iPad, but I've got notes on there I need to get off. But, of course, I don't know which notes it is, hence the need to sync. Also, I've got doubts about being able to actually download everything to the device again. Ugh. 

IMG_0218.PNG

Hi Anthony,

It will be faster to continue communicating directly through the email thread we already have going through tech support.

Thanks.