Right Click on Tool Bar Causes Acc-13 to crash.

Enoch

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. I can't reproduce this. Which exact version of Accordance are you using? Which operating system is on your computer?

Have you tried a new workspace yet? Have you tries removing your Startup Session in AccordanceSafe Mode yet?

You can contact us directly at techsupport@accordancebible.com to trouble shoot this if necessary.

Thanks.

Acc 13.3.1 . Yosemite. I have no idea what this means or how to do it: "Have you tries removing your Startup Session in AccordanceSafe Mode yet?" I didn't know Acc had a safe mode, nor can I think of how that would help anything.  The workspace is new when I do the right click on tool bar leading to crash.  I was trying to see if something useful came up or what the pop-up menu would be if I right-clicked on it.  If you can tell me that such a right click should not do anything, I can just never right click on it.  Assuming that you are Accordance, then I leave it with you to fix Accordance, if you don't want this glitch.

Report it to whomever you wish.

2 minutes ago, Enoch said:

Acc 13.3.1 . Yosemite. I have no idea what this means or how to do it: "Have you tries removing your Startup Session in AccordanceSafe Mode yet?"

To start Accordance in Safe Mode, hold down the option key while launching Accordance. Then you can click on the "Remove Startup Session" item. 

Thanks Mark.  Why would I want to "REmove Startup Session" item?  And what item would I want to remove for what purpose?

Because the error you are experiencing is not reproducible, and because it hasn't been reported by any other user, it's likely that it's caused by a corruption of some sort in your Accordance installation. The startup session is the most likely culprit, so deleting it and having Accordance generate a new one is a good first step in the process of tracking down this issue. You don't need to manually remove anything; Accordance will do everything in the background when you select "Remove Startup Session."

Edited by Mark Allison

well, I followed advice I thought & deleted NA28-T. Then when I easy downloaded it & installed it, it was gone!  And I don't know how to get it back. And I have spent a very great amount of time recently on Accordance glitches.  So I am not eager beaver to try this kind of thing again.  I don't really have a great need to be able to right click on the tool bar (which I normally do not display anyway, since one of the shortcomings of Accordance IMHO is that it eats up an excess of room at the top of the screen, limiting the amount of text that can be displayed).  So forgive me for not wanting to spend hours with the Tech Support staff at this point in my life.  I also confess that after years of having had computers, starting with PCs, I can't recall anything good ever having resulted from going into Safe Mode, which in the past with the PC has meant a preliminary to the hard drive no longer working except that a Tech would provide me with a long, long list of serial numbered files from it.

Hi Enoch,

In the Accordance app, Accordance Safe Mode is actually just a trouble shooting window (perhaps an unfortunate choice of a name).

If you have searched for NA28-T in you library search bar and it doesn't show, the issue could be that the browsers that run in Yosemite and El Capitan are not negotiating our temporary DNS certificate and must be instructed to "Always Trust Accordancebible.com".

We can screen share with you and do this for you if you would prefer.

Otherwise, please go to Utilities > Keychain Access.

Please select ‘Login’ at the top Keychains section and ‘Certificates’ under the lower Category section.

Please delete any certificates for Accordancebible.com or ‘R3’.

When they have been deleted please go back to Safari (only Safari) and log in to:   https://www.accordancebible.com

See if the certificate error comes up after these steps. If the warning comes up please select ‘View Certificate and mark it to ‘Always trust’.

At this point you should be able to download inside Accordance again.

These are just guidelines as we have learned that not everyone sees the same thing. It can vary from computer to computer.

If this doesn’t work for you, we can arrange a time for one of us to screen share with you to assist with this.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, Billy32792 said:

"Always Trust Accordancebible.com".

2 times already I have run through that View certificate & always trust process.

Though I hate to lose my Ergonomic Keyboard functions, I realize I will have to upgrade Yosemite.

But I am unsure which OS I should upgrade to as I have a 2015 Macbook.

And I had a bad experience by leaving it to the Apple Store to upgrade me, ending up with a useless computer, until I spend considerable time working with it.

We would be happy to screen share and try to resolve this certificate issue. It can be a little tricky. We have only had one instance of not being able to get the certificate working in Yosemite (this may have been the computer itself as other things were not working either). Other than that one time we have gotten this corrected on every other Yosemite installation. Are those Ergonomic Keyboard functions available in El Capitan? That is the next step up from Yosemite if needed. Let us know if you would like for one of us to try to correct the certificate issue in Yosemite. You can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com .

Thanks