Extra Verses in Search Results

cralford

Been seeing extra verses without any hit in them when searching in Greek. 

δε <AND> γίνομαι <AND> [RANGE John] , Scope set to 'Clause' returns the following.

John 2:9 ὡς δὲ ἐγεύσατο ὁ ἀρχιτρίκλινος τὸ ὕδωρ οἶνον γεγενημένον καὶ οὐκ ᾔδει πόθεν ἐστίν, οἱ δὲ διάκονοι ᾔδεισαν οἱ ἠντληκότες τὸ ὕδωρ, φωνεῖ τὸν νυμφίον ὁ ἀρχιτρίκλινος

John 2:10 καὶ λέγει αὐτῷ· πᾶς ἄνθρωπος πρῶτον τὸν καλὸν οἶνον τίθησιν καὶ ὅταν μεθυσθῶσιν τὸν ἐλάσσω· σὺ τετήρηκας τὸν καλὸν οἶνον ἕως ἄρτι.

John 6:16 Ὡς δὲ ὀψία ἐγένετο κατέβησαν οἱ μαθηταὶ αὐτοῦ ἐπὶ τὴν θάλασσαν

John 6:17 καὶ ἐμβάντες εἰς πλοῖον ἤρχοντο πέραν τῆς θαλάσσης εἰς Καφαρναούμ. καὶ σκοτία ἤδη ἐγεγόνει καὶ οὔπω ἐληλύθει πρὸς αὐτοὺς ὁ Ἰησοῦς,

John 21:4 Πρωΐας δὲ ἤδη γενομένης ἔστη Ἰησοῦς εἰς τὸν αἰγιαλόν, οὐ μέντοι ᾔδεισαν οἱ μαθηταὶ ὅτι Ἰησοῦς ἐστιν.

If I am mistaken about this and there is a way to search that dose not bring these extra verse up please let me know.

Thank you for the great software it is a joy to use. 

I don't think there is anything wrong here. The hit is just displaying the full clause in which the hit is found. In the cases of δέ in Jn 2:9 and Jn 6:16 the clause in which it is found stretches over two verses.

Thx

D

I apologize for not answering sooner. You are right. My Advance Greek Grammar class requires breaking sentences down into smaller units and I made the false assumption the "clause" setting was similar. Thank you for the correction.