Problem with Greek changing to Gibberish.

Enoch

With only one brand of lexicons I have this problem:

When I triple click on a Greek word, in this case ἐγέννησεν, the entry comes up in my default lexicon with the article on the lexeme/meaning of the lexeme.

But then when I select the Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek, instead of ἐγέννησεν or its lexeme, up comes this gibberish:  genna¿w,

and the article or definition does not come up, just blank black screen below. I cannot recall any other lexicon choice has behaved this way for me since I have been using Accordance.  It does the same if I erase the verse reference in the lexicon pane.  If I use the left column index of Greek words, then γεννάω is found & if I click on it, I do see  the dictionary entry.

Is this an error in the programming of these modules?

The same problem occurs with the (Brill) Etymological Dictionary of Greek, except γεννάω is not a headword in that lexicon; but you find γέννᾰ.

BTW, I am running version 13.3, the latest version of Accordance.

Enoch

This has been noted in the forum elsewhere. It is related to the fact that the two new Brill modules use unicode, and the others use the Accordance font. The programmers are aware of the issue, and (hopefully) addressing it.

Fixed in the ver 13.3.1 update. 

—Joseph

Thank you Accordance team!