Search for Masoretic accents

Bielikov

How does one get the palette of all possible Masoretic accents to come up when using the Hebrew construct table along with search for character? Such as the Revia or Tevir accents, for instance. Right now I have a workaround using Shibboleth but at Dr. Fuller's seminar we were shown an easy way to have a palette come up. I just did not catch how to do it. 

By the way, another home run by Dr. Russell T. Fuller with his second most wonderful seminar on the basics of Biblical Hebrew. I love his book on syntax including accents. And a big thank you to Accordance for all the seminars you provide for people like me. I cannot begin to thank Accordance enough and I hope we see Dr. Fuller again soon for a seminar on accents in the poetic books.

Open the Characters palette from the Window menu. Personally, I have added the Characters palette to the Toolbar so that it's always just a click away.

• Like 2

I love it! Thanks David, and I did put it on my Toolbar. Made my day!

Hi David, I have had trouble opening the Characters Pallete after adding a characters item in my construct table. I also tried to copy the characters but I do not see an option for that. Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

Gregorio, as far as I know you can't do that. But if you hover over the mark you want in the character palette you can see the keys you need to type to put it in manually.

Alternatively just put it into the search bar, cut it, and then paste it into the CHAR. dialog box when you pop it up.

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

PROBLEM SOLVED. I just attended a seminar by Mark Allison. It was great. Among the things I learned is that on the top right side of the character palette, you can click so that the window can stay up while you are working. That way, when you need to enter a character from the palette, all you have to do is press on the accent or whatever other character you need to add. Many thanks, Ken and thanks Mark.

• Like 2