App crashes with iOS 15!

Paul Meiklejohn

Without wanting to repeat previous posts.  Its important to note that Accordance is crashing on startup on Ipad iOS 15!  You may want to hold back updating to iOS 15 until there is a fix.  I have tried clearing startup and cache in Accordance settings, without success.  Interestly enough, the app still work on my iphone with the iOS  15 update.

Interestingly, I seem to have avoided this bug and can confirm Accordance is running fine on my ancient iPad Air 2 that has been updated to iPadOS 15.

Accordance is running perfectly on my iPhone XS Max and iPad 11 Pro under iOS 15 for me. 

I've been running the iOS15 public beta for a couple of months and updated to the iOS release version yesterday. Accordance has been rock solid the whole time. This is a 2021 iPad Pro 11". 

Thanks guys… its massive loss for me.  I can’t figure it out, since I have the same Ipad as Jonathan.

Just found out that it works perfectly handheld, but not with Apple’s ‘Magic Keyboard’!!!

• Like 1

Oh, interesting. I have a Logitech Folio case (keyboard, touchpad) so it's not just the external keyboard causing an issue. It's even more specific than that.

Jonathan, just to clarify, is yours working with the Logitech keyboard?

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Yes, everything is working fine. I have it open right now. 

Thanks, at least I can still use it off keyboard and it allows the developers to home in on a single area. Interestingly, even if I open and use it without the keyboard and then pop it onto the keyboard whilst still open, it instantly crashes crashes again.  Thanks Jonathan.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

• 5 weeks later...

It is expected that iOS 15.1 will be released next week. I was hoping to make the jump from 14 to 15 next week. Is there an update for a fix for this problem? Thanks.

Accordance is testing a fix in beta, but in the meantime it works just fine if you turn off Full Keyboard Access under Settings - Accessibility - Keyboard. That setting was why some people weren’t having issues before; I already had it off. I’ve been running iOS 15 on my ipad since mid-way through the iOS beta cycle. 

• Like 1

I have no idea, I never turned it on in the first place. :) Keyboard worked fine for me without it. 

• Like 1