Accordance Crashes on IOS 15 RC

Dieudonne Tamfu

I'm not having any issues on an 11" pro. You might try going to Accordance under iOS settings snd remove the saved session, then restart the app/device.

Do you use IOS 12.9 as your main device for Accordance? If so, how do you like it?

On 9/15/2021 at 2:17 PM, JonathanHuber said:

I'm not having any issues on an 11" pro. You might try going to Accordance under iOS settings snd remove the saved session, then restart the app/device.

I have done this but nothing has changed. 

On 9/15/2021 at 3:02 PM, curtisg1516 said:

Do you use IOS 12.9 as your main device for Accordance? If so, how do you like it?

My iPad 12.9 is not my main device but i could use it that way except for this problem with Accordance. 

Its a full crash on my iPad pro 11”.  I won’t open at all.

Dieudonne, if you are using a Magic Keyboard. Try lifting it off.  It works without a physical keyboard!

20 minutes ago, Paul Meiklejohn said:

Dieudonne, if you are using a Magic Keyboard. Try lifting it off.  It works without a physical keyboard!

Interesting. I tried that and it worked. 

• Thanks 1

Magic Keyboard is vital for me. I will hold on upgrading to iOS 15 hoping an emergency fix is on the way.

• Like 1

I have a 2019 12.9" iPad Pro and the very newest Magic keyboard. I've been running iOS 15 since the second beta earlier this summer. I use Accordance on it every day, and I've not had these issues.

Rick that is so weird… I thought I had tracked it down…. but I’m really thrown that we both have differenct experiences!.  Hopefully, others will report the same issue for the developers to pick up.

I know this is a painful route, but you could try reinstalling Accordance. 

J. I had considered that… so I deleted my “Legacy Study Bible’ ( with very few modules) and reinstalled and the problem persists, so I have determined it will be much the same.

Rick Mansfield… would you be kind enough to check whether your setting / accessibility / keyboard / full keyboard access… is on or off?  Whenever I swithch mine off Acc.. is working fully with the keyboard and when on… it crashes.  What is yours set at? Please.  Paul

• Thanks 1

Aha! I had that turned off. If I turn it on, Accordance crashes. Good sleuthing. 

Thanks for testing Jonathan… at least I’m reassured that I don’t have a faulty keyboard or a bug limited to my set and therefore much harder to trace.  Thanks again.

Thanks Paul for nailing this down. I've submitted a high priority bug report to our developers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/21/2021 at 10:48 AM, Paul Meiklejohn said:

Rick Mansfield… would you be kind enough to check whether your setting / accessibility / keyboard / full keyboard access… is on or off?  Whenever I swithch mine off Acc.. is working fully with the keyboard and when on… it crashes.  What is yours set at? Please.  Paul

Mine is off.

• Thanks 1