Import Bible Text hang/crash

glassey

I'm trying to import a greek text (Scrivener) but when I import the whole thing it isn't recognised as a Greek Text.

If I import the first 2 lines it is recognised as a Greek Text, but if I try to import 3 lines (hanafterimport.txt) then Accordance hangs with a greyed out Information window after clicking OK in the Information window. If I open that imported text later it is recognised as a Greek Text.

If I import between 4 and 18 lines it is recognised as Greek Text.

If I try to import 20 or more lines then it is not recognised as Greek Text.

If I try to import 19 lines (crashafterimport.txt) then Accordance sometime hangs, and sometimes,crashes and disappears.

If I try to open that imported text later it causes Accordance to crash and disappear.

I hope someone else can replicate this on Windows.

This is Accordance 13.union Windows 10 Home 20H2

I've found another way to get the text in, but it is still something that shouldn't happen so I hope this helps.

hangafterimport.txt crashafterimport.txt

1 hour ago, glassey said:

I'm trying to import a greek text (Scrivener) but when I import the whole thing it isn't recognised as a Greek Text.

Then you have a character which is not supported of the Greek font in Accordance. Check the APOSTROPHES! <-- That was a hint from my side.

With the 2 texts you uploaded I have no troubles on the Mac, but where is line 20 which gives you troubles?

13 hours ago, Fabian said:

Then you have a character which is not supported of the Greek font in Accordance. Check the APOSTROPHES! <-- That was a hint from my side.

With the 2 texts you uploaded I have no troubles on the Mac, but where is line 20 which gives you troubles?

Thanks Fabian.

It is the line 19 that causes trouble, not 20. But importing line 19 on it's own is ok, so it looks like something cumulative rather than something just in that line.

Hmm, looks like the greek is combined characters like U+1F08 rather than separate characters with modifiers. I wonder if that could cause a problem.

33 minutes ago, glassey said:

it looks like something cumulative rather than something just in that line.

If I had problems in the past, this was never the case. But I'm on Mac.

I'm using Acc 13.2 on Win 10. I am composing Greek text in Notepad.

I can't get anything to import.

@glassey: I tried your crashafterimport file, and it caused Acc to hang.

I think I'm using all UTF-8 characters...

Any ideas? Thanks.