Need 4-5 Panes.

kjoconis

Would anyone like to keep the 2 panes or see 4-6 panes? Choose below!  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tabbed windows or a carousel function would be fantastic.

• Like 4

On the 10", I could see myself using three or four, two side by side and one Or two along the bottom (eg two translations side by side with translator notes or instant details underneath) So i could see 6 being used on a larger ipad.

but i would really see myself using tabs, lots of tabs, lots and lots of tabs, each with multiple windows (eg translation, study bible and translator notes per tab all linked!)

This reminds me of something else.

we can dream

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, below is something that I would like to see where all tabs are linked together or individual or linked by 2-3-5 and so on. This way if i wanted a bible, strongs and commentary linked to 3 tabs that move simultaneously together they do and have another one or two for reference. I would also like to see with this, if each and every space can be decrease or increase individually by themselves. So you make make one or the other bigger or smaller per demand. 

image.thumb.png.f7d0352937c52dbc135232a623fbba1b.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think a version for iPad OS would make this very feasible. We could keep the iOS version for phone much simpler.

5 hours ago, zcostilla said:

I think a version for iPad OS would make this very feasible. We could keep the iOS version for phone much simpler.

Maintaining and developing iPhone and iPad versions would add more work on the developers. 

Question, but as users, are we saying that we are happy that the current version is acceptable for the iPhone and gives us all the functionality we need, even on the larger models.

we just want the additional functionality only on the iPad running on the iPad ios to be developed further?

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

I do feel that at a certain point screen real estate starts to dictate how much content you can reasonably view. With my fading eyesight two panes is enough for even the largest phablet. A do like the L app's implementation of a carousel. I regularly have a number of books open that I can easily switch to. It feel more intuitive and in line with what I would do with dead tree books

Also as an Android phone user I would like to see it gain a few more features so at least be close to parity with iOS versions.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Michael Hunt said:

I do feel that at a certain point screen real estate starts to dictate how much content you can reasonably view. With my fading eyesight two panes is enough for even the largest phablet. A do like the L app's implementation of a carousel. I regularly have a number of books open that I can easily switch to. 

Agreed, my working style is text with study bible or other text and sometimes atlas

but typically commentaries and other tools are opened on their own.

Tabs or carousel or some other way of switching texts would be great and could work on either tablet or phone.

but i could see myself having the info pane or translator notes open along the bottom as in the full fat version but eyesight is definitely the limiting factor!

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

I too like the carousel function in Logos' iOS version. Since someone pointed out that the LSB uses the exact same app as the Accordance one, I downloaded it and have been using it as a third (or even fourth) screen. It opens up what you can do! That being said, there's no synchronizing between the two apps, obviously.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 2:22 AM, ukfraser said:

Maintaining and developing iPhone and iPad versions would add more work on the developers. 

Question, but as users, are we saying that we are happy that the current version is acceptable for the iPhone and gives us all the functionality we need, even on the larger models.

we just want the additional functionality only on the iPad running on the iPad ios to be developed further?

I agree that I do not NEED more than two panes for my phone. BUT… if that’s the only way to get three to five panes on my iPad Pro, I’d live with that.

On 9/22/2021 at 3:59 AM, Michael Hunt said:

Also as an Android phone user I would like to see it gain a few more features so at least be close to parity with iOS versions.

My sentiment as well!

Bob