Help - Toolbar Size Reduction Windows Platform???

Kitschlane

I sat in on Dr. Hoffman's seminar yesterday regarding basic-intermediate Accordance use. He is a Windows user, as he made clear a few times. I noticed that he has been able to reduce the size of his toolbar which allows for more real-estate in the zones/panes - it creates a bigger, more open workspace - closer to the look of using a Mac (& Acc. v.12) and makes the Accordance experience much better. I asked but alas...he was unable to help me, so....

Does anybody in this vast pool of knowledge and wisdom know how to shrink the toolbar on a Windows platform - is it fairly simple or somewhat a complicated process?

BTW: My Settings/Ease of Access/Scale and Layout is at 100%.

Perhaps @mgvh will see this and let you know how he has his setup configured. 

6 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Perhaps @mgvh will see this and let you know how he has his setup configured. 

That would be great :) I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks Rick

I was waiting to see if anyone else could answer this! :)

After @Kitschlane raised the question in the session, I looked all through preferences, display, windows... I can't find any setting.

Is there a setting? Or is it just that my monitor's resolution is 1920 x 1080?

Right-click on the toolbar to make changes. 

1 hour ago, mgvh said:

After @Kitschlane raised the question in the session, I looked all through preferences, display, windows... I can't find any setting.

Hi Professor Hoffman,

I agree, I don't think there is a setting within Accordance, although I could be wrong because there are many unchartered areas of the program I don't know yet. I tend to agree with you that it may be related to something like resolution. The strange thing is that when I was using Acc. v.12 on the same computer my layout looked just like yours - especially the toolbar size. When I switched to v.13 they (toolbar and icons) immediately became big even to the point that some of my icons went off the screen to the right. I am going to try your resolution and see if that helps...thank you btw. :) 

1 hour ago, R. Mansfield said:

Right-click on the toolbar to make changes. 

Right click on toolbar just accesses customize toolbar - adding text to icons or adding icons and separator lines to toolbar, nothing else.

20 hours ago, mgvh said:

Professor Hoffman,

You nailed it - Thank  you for your help! I had to do some reconfiguring to get the resolution option of 1920 x 1080 but as soon as I set it Accordance completely opened up - my zones and panes appear much bigger and my toolbar is narrower (relatively speaking of course). This makes the program so much better for me to use. :)👍

• Like 1

Glad you figure it out, @Kitschlane!

While we are on this topic, I'd love to see a scaling feature. Old BibleWorks had it. It allowed me to scale the whole program. It was very helpful when using my bigger home monitor as compared to when I had it on my laptop (when I wanted to shrink) or using a projector (when I needed to enlarge).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mgvh said:

Glad you figure it out, @Kitschlane!

While we are on this topic, I'd love to see a scaling feature. Old BibleWorks had it. It allowed me to scale the whole program. It was very helpful when using my bigger home monitor as compared to when I had it on my laptop (when I wanted to shrink) or using a projector (when I needed to enlarge).

Knowing your resolution was the key to helping me! Of course this new resolution makes other things in Windows a little smaller, I don't mind at all and this is a great work around...thanks again!

RE: Scaling. I think that's an excellent suggestion, it is common on many programs that have such a dynamic interface like Accordance. Have you suggested it on the "Feature Request" portion of the board?

I think the scaling was in BibleWorks mostly because without it, the interface elements were really small on a Mac with a retina screen. Even with scaling, some elements remained small.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:11 PM, Kitschlane said:

RE: Scaling. I think that's an excellent suggestion, it is common on many programs that have such a dynamic interface like Accordance. Have you suggested it on the "Feature Request" portion of the board?

I'll just note that the other major Bible software program does have it. It is very helpful these days when I have to project to a big TV monitor or via Zoom. (The command line is particularly hard for Zoom students to see.)

Edited by mgvh
  • Like 1