User Tool Subtitles not Working

LordByron

I am suddenly having a problem with adding lower level subtitles in User Tools.  It used to work for me.

Clicking in the margin gets me a "T".  If I alt-click, I get a "1" sub-level.  However nothing that I try to do can get me a "2" or greater subtitle.  The cursor will show "+" and "-", but will not change the "T" to a "1" or a "1" to a "2", etc.  I tried creating a new User Tool to test if I can make subtitles there, but it behaved exactly the same.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

• Like 1

So, I ran into the same issue and realized that the way you do it is that you do not click to create the Title first but rather, option (alt for MS) right away and it gives you the next level down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Timothy Hall said:

So, I ran into the same issue and realized that the way you do it is that you do not click to create the Title first but rather, option (alt for MS) right away and it gives you the next level down.

Yes, that is exactly how it works for me, too.  However I cannot get past sub-level 1.  I can get a "T" or a "1" by click + alt like you said, but nothing deeper.  How do you get a "2"?

• Like 1

I haven't needed to get past a 1 ... I tried this morning and like you, was unable to get past a 1.

I wonder if if got broken in the latest update.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 9:32 AM, LordByron said:

I am suddenly having a problem with adding lower level subtitles in User Tools.  It used to work for me.

Clicking in the margin gets me a "T".  If I alt-click, I get a "1" sub-level.  However nothing that I try to do can get me a "2" or greater subtitle.  The cursor will show "+" and "-", but will not change the "T" to a "1" or a "1" to a "2", etc.  I tried creating a new User Tool to test if I can make subtitles there, but it behaved exactly the same.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Alas not, but was going to report this (before finding this) as I've run into the same problem.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 1:39 AM, glassey said:

Alas not, but was going to report this (before finding this) as I've run into the same problem.

Well my hope is that if enough people report having this same problem, the Accordance team will start taking steps to solve it!

• Like 1

Ran into this problem as well a month ago working on a project. The help file was clear except the process didn’t work. So +1 for getting it looked at. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear about this. and sorry for the delay in answering. This seemed to fall under the radar. Which Windows operating system and which version(s) of Accordance is this occurring in? We need this information in order to report it to the programming team. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Billy32792 said:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear about this. and sorry for the delay in answering. This seemed to fall under the radar. Which Windows operating system and which version(s) of Accordance is this occurring in? We need this information in order to report it to the programming team. 

Thanks.

I'm using Windows 10 Home (Version  10.0.19042 Build 19042) on my laptop.  My desktop also uses Windows 10 and has the same issue.  I am using Accordance 13.3.0.  Thank you for looking into this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy32792 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

Bill,

It is not just a Windows issue. I am on MacOS BigSur and experiencing the same issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 7:45 PM, Billy32792 said:

I will report this to the programming team.

Thank you!  I just updated to 13.3.1, and I noticed the problem was mentioned in the update contents.  I just tried to increase the sub levels, and IT WORKED!  Thanks for listening. 👍😃

Also, thank you to the others who posted here and helped me make a little noise.  Hope it is resolved for you as well.  Fist-bumps all around! 👊

• Like 2

You are quite welcome! The programming team is working hard to get all of theses issues corrected. 👊

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated to 13.3.1 on the Mac and I'm still experiencing the problem mentioned above.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas Hogan said:

I just updated to 13.3.1 on the Mac and I'm still experiencing the problem mentioned above.

Sorry to hear that!  I just checked, and it is still working me for.  I'm on a PC also with 13.3.1.

Hi Thomas,

Which operating system is on your Mac?  Have you tried a new workspace or a new user tool yet?

Please feel free to contact us directly at techsupport@accordancebible.com for assistance with this.

Thanks.