Accordance 13.2.1 User Tool Hierarchy

Julia Falling

Option-click does not increase the number in the margin.  If I have a "T" try to go to a "1", option-click will not get me there.  Looks like a bug to me.  I've restarted Accordance-Mac, and am still unable to go from T —> 1 or 1—>2 with an option-click.

Thanks

• Like 2

I had all kinds of difficulty syncing using wifi, and found that the problem stemmed for the messed up user tool.  It's a tool I update daily.  I've never had these kinds of problems with my prayer journal – ever – and I've been using the journal since mid-2011.  I start a new journal every year using a template I created years ago.  I finally got it to work by eliminating all the hierarchy numbers in the margin past tomorrow.  I normally work a few weeks ahead, with  markers for the following month or two.

Edited by Julia Falling

On 8/1/2021 at 9:56 PM, Julia Falling said:

Option-click does not increase the number in the margin.  If I have a "T" try to go to a "1", option-click will not get me there.  Looks like a bug to me.  I've restarted Accordance-Mac, and am still unable to go from T —> 1 or 1—>2 with an option-click.

Thanks

I can confirm this bug.

Edited my User Tool, removing all hierarchy markers past where my Tool was last updated.  Syncing was then possible.  The next day, when I sat down with my Bible and Accordance open, I did my normal update to my Prayer Journal, adding just a few hierarchy markers in the margin (both 2's), and the Prayer Journal was behaving normally.  Syncing was also smooth.  

I don't know what caused the corruption for sure.  I suspect it was because I had added hierarchy markers in parts of the tool where there were titles, but no other content, but I can't be sure of that.  What I know is that, having eliminated those markers, everything is working again.

Edited by Julia Falling

I am having the same problem on my PC.  Clicking in the margin gets me a "T".  If I alt-click, I get a "1" sub-level.  However nothing that I try to do can get me a "2" or greater subtitle.  The cursor will show "+" and "-", but will not change the "T" to a "1" or a "1" to a "2", etc.  I tried creating a new User Tool to test if I can make subtitles there, but it behaved exactly the same.

Has anyone found a solution to this?