Compare words in different passages

Mendel

Hi, I want to search for common and different lexemes between the passages Jer. 23:5-6; Eze. 37:24-28 and Is. 11:1-11. How do I generate a list? 

Thanks

I'll give an example for comparing two of the passages, and you can modify and expand from there once you see how it can be done.

1. open your Hebrew text and use: [RANGE Jer 23.5-6] *
    • That will find all the words in that passage
  2. open another Hebrew text pane and use:‏ ‎‎[HITS Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged] ‏<AND>‏ ‎[RANGE Eze 37.24-28]‏ *
    • What we are doing here is first looking for all the words in the Ezek passage AND then saying the lexical forms (choose that option when using the HITS command) have to be found in that first Hebrew text pane you opened and searched
  3. Now use the Analytics and use Analysis to generate a list of lexemes that occur in both those passages

Is that the kind of thing you were looking for?

BTW, the commands I listed are how they should look. The Hebrew command line is right to left, so enter what I have from right to left.

Edited by mgvh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mgvh said:

I'll give an example for comparing two of the passages, and you can modify and expand from there once you see how it can be done.

1. open your Hebrew text and use: [RANGE Jer 23.5-6] *
    • That will find all the words in that passage
  2. open another Hebrew text pane and use:‏ ‎‎[HITS Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged] ‏<AND>‏ ‎[RANGE Eze 37.24-28]‏ *
    • What we are doing here is first looking for all the words in the Ezek passage AND then saying the lexical forms (choose that option when using the HITS command) have to be found in that first Hebrew text pane you opened and searched
  3. Now use the Analytics and use Analysis to generate a list of lexemes that occur in both those passages

Is that the kind of thing you were looking for?

BTW, the commands I listed are how they should look. The Hebrew command line is right to left, so enter what I have from right to left.

Thanks! This looks very good. Do you have any other tips to enhance the comparison of different passages? 

Wie Fabian bemerkt hat, ist der INFER Befehl eine leistungsstarke Funktion, aber er wird hauptsächlich verwendet, um nach ähnlichen Phrasen und nicht nach gemeinsamen Wörtern zu suchen.

(I hope my German is functional enough to be understood!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mgvh said:

Wie Fabian bemerkt hat, ist der INFER Befehl eine leistungsstarke Funktion, aber er wird hauptsächlich verwendet, um nach ähnlichen Phrasen und nicht nach gemeinsamen Wörtern zu suchen.

(I hope my German is functional enough to be understood!)

Danke ich sehe es. [INFER] ist mehr um Vergleichsstellen zu finden, als sie dann auszuwerten. 

Dein Deutsch ist bei weitem besser als mein Englisch. 👍

• Like 1