copying CNNTS verses

Kristin

I found a specific spelling of a specific Greek word in CNTTS, so I did "find word" and it successfully found all the places where this specific spelling of this Greek word was used.

I am interested in all of the biblical references where this spelling is found, so I did a "select all" hoping to "copy as references" but that does not appear to be an option.

Is there a way to do what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

Kristin

I don't think there's a way to copy out a list of verse references from a selection in a Tool like the CNTTS. However, you can select "Show Text As—>Paragraphs" and it's a lot easier to see the verse references.

1107660701_ScreenShot2021-08-02at9_49_14AM.thumb.png.8f1e2b4096cacb0961ac5313f71ef709.png

You could also right-click on the word and select "Search In—>NA28 Greek Text" to find the occurrences of the word in the NA28. If you want to expand your search to other Greek manuscripts, you could create a group of Greek Texts, select the word in the CNTTS, then select "Research—>[Name of Group]". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

You could also right-click on the word and select "Search In—>NA28 Greek Text" to find the occurrences of the word in the NA28. If you want to expand your search to other Greek manuscripts, you could create a group of Greek Texts, select the word in the CNTTS, then select "Research—>[Name of Group]". 

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your response, and yes, setting it to "Paragraphs" has helped a lot. Thank you!

Concerning the part I quoted just now, could you clarify this? Thank you for showing that I can search for "words" in the Greek text. I did not know that. However, your screenshot shows a word which occurs in the NA28, but the NA28 won't show any specific spellings, as it only includes the base text.

If I am understanding correctly though, there is a way to create a list of a specific spelling that is not the base?

Sorry for being so confused, and thank you for any clarification you are able to provide.

Sincerely,

Kristin

If I'm understanding you, the reason that the Research search doesn't find αναβλεπουσιν is that it's an inflected form, not a lexical form. If you place quotes around "αναβλεπουσιν", your search will work.

1135244441_ScreenShot2021-08-02at2_10_59PM.thumb.png.018d23481d1d66f1433e3ec5ebffeaf9.png

1246068051_ScreenShot2021-08-02at2_11_35PM.thumb.png.42669919b6c2bf7daa665844fdc91975.png

Edited by Mark Allison

Hi @Mark Allison

Thank you for the screenshots. I don't think the reason is that it is an inflected form, as much as it is "not" a form. I am trying to create a list of the verses where δ̅α̅δ̅ is used instead of δαυιδ or Δαυὶδ as in the NA28. For example, if you go to Mt 1:1 P1 uses δαυιδ, but MSS 579 under it uses δ̅α̅δ̅. If you select δ̅α̅δ̅ and do a  "Search Word" there are 101 hits of δ̅α̅δ̅. I am trying to create a list of the verses and MSS which use this form. While I could go through them one by one, doing this 101x will take awhile and I was wondering if there is a way to collect the info outside of doing so manually. I can't search the NA28 since it always uses Δαυὶδ. I assume.

On a side note, I really like the list of research options you have in your screenshot. I have a "Greek Lexicon" option, but I don't have "Greek Texts." Could you clarify how you created these research tabs?

Thank you for your help with this,

Kristin

The easiest way to create a group (like the "Greek Words" group in my image above) is:
1) Right-click on the first Text or Tool in the Library that you'd like to include in your group. NOTE: It can't be an item in the "Recently Opened" list.

2) Select "Add to User Group—>New Group". 
3) The new Group will be added to the "My Groups" section at the bottom of your Library.

4) Name the Group by right-clicking on the untitled group and select "Rename."
5) Finally, right-click on any of the other Text or Tools you'd like to add to this group and select "Add to User Group—>[Name of your group]".

• Like 1

You might also want to look at your "Table" analytic when performing a word search in CNTTS. You can add some additional detail by choosing "Set Table Display" (cmd/ctrl-T) and selecting "Show Chapter Detail."

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the Table and the CNTTS. There are hits in Revelation and the Table isn't showing those hits. I've just reported this bug.

347748572_ScreenShot2021-08-03at7_34_21AM.thumb.png.3cbf23c11fefb628839c14f5edd4bf21.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

The easiest way to create a group (like the "Greek Words" group in my image above) is:
1) Right-click on the first Text or Tool in the Library that you'd like to include in your group. NOTE: It can't be an item in the "Recently Opened" list.

2) Select "Add to User Group—>New Group". 
3) The new Group will be added to the "My Groups" section at the bottom of your Library.

4) Name the Group by right-clicking on the untitled group and select "Rename."
5) Finally, right-click on any of the other Text or Tools you'd like to add to this group and select "Add to User Group—>[Name of your group]".

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much, and this worked great. :) If you don't mind I have one other question about it. After doing this, I noticed I already had a random group from a long time ago that I created before I understood what a group was. If I try to delete this old group, will it delete the resources in the group?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much, and this worked great. :) If you don't mind I have one other question about it. After doing this, I noticed I already had a random group from a long time ago that I created before I understood what a group was. If I try to delete this old group, will it delete the resources in the group?

Good question! No, the items in "My Groups" are just hyperlinks to the Texts and Tools in your library. Deleting them is not a problem.

• Like 1