Is there a problem with Dark Mode?

Anthony Estes

I've not experienced Dark Mode as perfect. When MacOS automatically switched, Accordance would prompt me to restart in dark mode. A minor annoyance but predictable. Now, when my system switches from dark to light or light to dark, I don't even get the prompt. I've checked my preferences in Accordance, and it's still set to match my system's display preferences.  I still have 13.1.5 on my computer and that behaves as I described. But using 13.2 doesn't even give me the option. Is there a problem with dark mode?

I think they were able to make so it doesn't have to restart ...

3 hours ago, Anthony Estes said:

I've not experienced Dark Mode as perfect. When MacOS automatically switched, Accordance would prompt me to restart in dark mode. A minor annoyance but predictable. Now, when my system switches from dark to light or light to dark, I don't even get the prompt. I've checked my preferences in Accordance, and it's still set to match my system's display preferences.  I still have 13.1.5 on my computer and that behaves as I described. But using 13.2 doesn't even give me the option. Is there a problem with dark mode?

Also are not all regions in Dark Mode. I have reported several. For example the Syntax trees. 

Interesting Apple is able to change the whole system from Light to Dark without a restart. But Accordance not. 

I hope this will be addressed soon. But first the bugs of 13.2 should be solved. And there are many other bugs as well. 

2 hours ago, Timothy Hall said:

I think they were able to make so it doesn't have to restart ...

When I posted this this morning, Accordance was still in dark mode whilst my system was in light mode. It didn't automatically switch over. And it's still in dark mode. 

system light accordance dark.png

Edited by Anthony Estes

Yes, I can confirm that its very buggy at my end.... when it changes automatically, only the bar icon is changing and preference are unreadable.  when I change it manually from prefs... it works as normal.  

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 08.48.39.png

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 08.48.58.png

• 4 months later...

This bug has caused me to disable Accordance dark mode altogether.

Even when it worked ~well, the gray on black text was just awful to read, and it was never fixed. I'm flabbergasted frankly, as changing the color to have more contrast is in everybody's interest... even more so for those of us preaching and teaching with Accordance, since eyes lose their ability to differentiate low contrast over time....

Overall kudos for the ongoing effort on dark mode!

But, when you're done, please fix the low contrast text.

Dan

• Like 1

I have reported several issues related to dark mode. I hope Accordance start a bug fix semester to fix a lot of bugs.