Morphology and Syntax coding - Highlight file and Accordance eAcademy webinar

mgvh

At 3pm on Wednesday 21 July I am going to be leading an Accordance eAcademy webinar on "Morphological Color Coding in Accordance as an Aid for Greek Reading and Comprehension"

Registration is required, but it is free!

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5026456305435651085

I'll be explaining the benefit of using a color coding system that highlights grammatical and syntactical features in the NA28 text. If you want to see what my coding scheme looks like, you can download the attached highlights file and put it in your Accordance Files > Highlights folder. It will then appear when you activate highlights in Accordance. I'll also be explaining how you can create your own or customize a highlight file. (BTW, the updated highlight file attached provides extra morphological coding. It only works with the NA28 text.)

The color coding works in conjunction with any Greek grammar, but it's specifically linked with my Understanding the Greek NT grammar. Accordance has just put it on a 50% sale. Only $9.90 for the module!

I'll be happy to answer any of your questions in the session.

Mark

UnderstandingNTG2.hlt

Edited by mgvh
  • Like 4

I'll also add here another highlight file that I use simply to turn off highlights.

(Is there some other way I'm missing?)

ToggleOffHighlights.hlt

I'm also partial to a "No Highlights" file, the idea I first got from someone on the forums. You can also "Hide verse highlighting" and "Hight word highlighting" Under Set Text Pane Display / Advanced.

Wish I could make this session--looking forward to watching it afterwards!

1933853217_ScreenShot2021-07-21at2_38_59PM.png.9146d68d859b6eee47eb04b96a506fe3.png

• Like 1

I'm attaching a zipped file containing both highlight files together.

highlight files.zip

• Like 1

Download and installation directions:

• For Win users, download and save these in your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\accordance files\Highlights subdirectory. (YourName will be your name on your system.)
  • Mac users: Highlighting files need to be placed in Documents: Accordance files: Highlights.
    • After you download the file, use Finder to locate the "Highlights" directory for Accordance and drag/drop or copy the files there.
  • NOTE: Do NOT click on the file name. (That will generate an error.) You need to download and save the file in the locations noted above. Usually to save is a right-click and then use the "Save link as" or "Download file as" option.

Once stored in the folder, you will need to restart Accordance for them to show up in the Highlights dropdown options