Universal Accordance on iPadOS

Dustin Battles

Now that Accordance is in Universal code, running natively on the new M1 (M-series) processors, does this mean there's hope that iPadOS will get the full (desktop) version of Accordance soon?

• Like 1

I guess "No". The APK which is needed is not available on iOS. 

You have to start a petition by Apple. 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:56 AM, Dustin Battles said:

Now that Accordance is in Universal code, running natively on the new M1 (M-series) processors, does this mean there's hope that iPadOS will get the full (desktop) version of Accordance soon?

If you go to about the one hour and 17 minute mark of Joel's preview of 13.2, he answers that specific question. Long and short of it is that Apple has not provided all the necessary tools in iOS yet to accomplish every feature in the desktop versions of Accordance. The better route is to continue adding platform-specific functionality to our apps that best recreate the features of the desktop app. It just takes time.

• Thanks 1

I don’t expect to have the same features between iOS/iPadOS & MacOS. I just hope that more resources can be put in the iPadOS version. It is almost 2 years from the last major iOS version. We are told that a major version would come out the last year but it is almost silent for the past year without any additional information. I have just switched from Logos because of the power search of Accordance iOS, I really wanna see the mobile app can thrive as I am using only iPad Pro. 

• Like 6

On 7/19/2021 at 12:57 PM, R. Mansfield said:

If you go to about the one hour and 17 minute mark of Joel's preview of 13.2, he answers that specific question. Long and short of it is that Apple has not provided all the necessary tools in iOS yet to accomplish every feature in the desktop versions of Accordance. The better route is to continue adding platform-specific functionality to our apps that best recreate the features of the desktop app. It just takes time.

Thanks, R Mansfield! I had watched about half of the video, but hadn't gotten to that section yet. I'll check it out now!