Window layout is not maintained from session to session

ScottDF

Running Windows 10, Accordance 13.2.0. 

When I close and re-open Accordance, the Instant Details section is smaller than I had set it. 

This problem started with v13.1.7 and was not in v13.1.5 which I had been running in hopes v13.2.x would resolve the issue. 

To reproduce this open an Instant Details panel on bottom with the program full-screened. Resize the panel to 50% more than default. Save the layout. Close and re-open Accordance and the panel reverts back to the smaller size. 

As this worked in v13.1.5 and previous something changed in how Accordance is handling panel sizes. 

I can confirm that this also happens to me on Win 10 and with 13.1.7 and 13.2.

I have been able to stop the problem by running Accordance in Windows 8 compatibility mode. So far, I see no other ill effects. I have informed Support about it. 

Hi Gentlemen,

We have passed this issue on to our programming team and this has been put on the list of things to correct.

Thanks Scott for going the extra mile to send in the video. It was very helpful!

We appreciate your patience and grace while we work to make Accordance better.

• 1 year later...

I'm using a MacBook (M1 with macOS Ventura). This problem does not seem to be fixed in the current Accordance. It is very frustrating that none of my settings get saved (layout, interlinear etc). This would not be so bad if Accordance did not crash so frequently. 

I have verified that Accordance has "Full Disk Access."

Is there some other fix/workaround to get Accordance to remember the workspace layout/settings when restarting the App?

6 minutes ago, guineau said:

I'm using a MacBook (M1 with macOS Ventura). This problem does not seem to be fixed in the current Accordance. It is very frustrating that none of my settings get saved (layout, interlinear etc). This would not be so bad if Accordance did not crash so frequently. 

I have verified that Accordance has "Full Disk Access."

Is there some other fix/workaround to get Accordance to remember the workspace layout/settings when restarting the App?

Ok, I think I may have figured it out. I tried just saving a new workspace using the same name as the workspace I was using. When I reopened Accordance the window layout was saved. And I noticed that now the Command+S Save option is enabled in the File menu again. It hadn't been enabling even after I made changes to the workspace.

Perhaps re-writing the .accord file for that workspace fixed something? Anyway, very happy camper here :)

Edited by guineau