viewing path from library search

docdave

When you do a search in Accordance library, is there any way to see from the results what the folder or path for the item is? For example, I don't know where to find NET notes...I may have accidentally moved it to some random folder. When I search for NET, NET notes does come up and I can open it, but I still don't know where in the library it resides.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Dave

Hi @docdave, I had this issue too. What I found is to go to the library and search for whatever. Once it is highlighted, don't open it, and press the little x as if you are going to clear the search. When you do, it will show the whole library again, but the thing you searched for is still highlighted and you can see what folder it is in.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

• Like 1

Search in library, right-click on the item, —> Show in Library. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fabian said:

The "Show in Library" is grayed out if I do this. It isn't on your end?

My first word I have wrote is important. You have to run a search first. 

11 hours ago, Kristin said:

Hi @docdave, I had this issue too. What I found is to go to the library and search for whatever. Once it is highlighted, don't open it, and press the little x as if you are going to clear the search. When you do, it will show the whole library again, but the thing you searched for is still highlighted and you can see what folder it is in.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

Thank you Kristin! This worked perfectly!

Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fabian said:

Thanks Fabian! This worked too!

Dave

Fabian and Dave,

After running the search mine says "show" but it is grayed out. It is not grayed out for the two of you?

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

Fabian and Dave,

After running the search mine says "show" but it is grayed out. It is not grayed out for the two of you?

Hi Kristin,

Yes, the 'Show in Library' option is not grayed out after I run a search. Beside that option, it also says you can press Ctrl + Shift + S to show in library, so you might check to see if that is working - note I am on Windows and I think you are macOS, so I guess the keys for that shortcut may be different.

Dave

Kristin,

Here is what I see when I right click on a search result:

image.thumb.png.6a16cc934288fd5892a8d3fac5d1ee24.png

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the screenshot. I tried uploading this with my last response but for some reasons it didn't attach.

Here is the screenshot, but on my end it is grayed out.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-13 um 07.06.10.png

Kirsten

Your screenshot is too small. You have to screenshot the library search too.

779628893_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-13um20_50_54.thumb.png.3f26ffd100d6399e0a4c397450f6dd4b.png

Here the search for the KJV

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Hi Fabian,

I am sorry the screenshot was too small. I just went to go make a larger screenshot of the whole library and now for some reason it is no longer grayed out. So I have no idea what I had been doing before, or what I am doing now, but it is not an issue anymore.

If it happens again I will post a screenshot of the whole library. :)

• Like 1