Shift Key "truly" overrides Library popover setting

bdollahite

Request that when the shift key is used to override the preference to open Library as a popover - that it truly overrides, and hence the ability to access information about a library items (modules) is available.  I understand that we can't have popovers to popovers, and hence that is why information is not available when the library is opened as a popover.  That said, when I had down the shift key to override - then don't open Library it as a popover, but as a zone (or however it open if presence for popover is not checked).  To have to go back to preferences and change this library popover preference to not be a popover, access library, and then revert one's changes is laborious. 

I have the Library set to open as a popover and I use the shift key fairly regularly to override it for reasons like you've described. It already works exactly as you've requested. Could you describe more clearly what's not working for you? 

How strange - as my Accordance 13.1.7 does not.  Holding down the shift key does opens the library as a persistent popover - however, the information icons normal seen to the left of the Amplify icon don't appear.   If I turn off (uncheck) the Library as a popover option, the library information icons appear.

I wonder if there is another preference setting that is causing our Accordance apps to behave differently.  BTW - I see we are both running MacOS (albeit I am still on High Sierra, as I have some 32 bit app incompatibilities that I still need to resolve.

• 1 month later...

My Accordance now behaves as I requested, and as Jonathan said his did already.  Not sure why it did not work for me in 13.2.0, but it works 13.2.1.  This request can be archived, deleted, etc.  It is no longer valid.