Accordance on my iMac and mackbook pro crashes

nnaps

Accordance is crashing all the time.  When i am working in Word and then jump back to Accordance, no matter where i clike on an Accordance Workspace it crashes over and over.

What can i do to keep Accordance running and stable? 

What version of Word?

Are you using Accordance 13.1.7?

The last few days I'm having the same problem. I'm using 13.1.7 on Catalina, and it's constantly crashing. For example, when I try a "Research" search, it crashes almost immediately. When I restart, I get the notice I've screen shot below. Whether I choose "Cancel" or "Recover," the crashes continue. Selecting one or the other seems to be the only way I can get it to start, but it just crashes again.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 7.01.12 PM.png

I've reinstalled the app, but the bug is consistent. Every time I try "Research," it crashes.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 7.19.10 PM.png

Hello William 

Update all modules and Accordance to the recent versions. Maybe some modules have to be deleted and reinstalled, if they now appears in the Update section where you have to pay for.

Then close Accordance, hold down the [Option] button and start Accordance. You get some options. Choose 596867309_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-09um07_58_42.thumb.png.c909eca409d87e1d2c167ef3787b55ff.png

After Accordance is running, go to preferences and press the button.

1191082517_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-09um07_59_58.thumb.png.8b811b8c0eed8fb61923333facf7964d.png

Problem should be solved.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

William, in case you don't read German, the button Fabian is telling you to press is in the "Reading/Research" preferences, and it says "Rebuild research cache".  It's not necessary to do the other thing he mentioned, since this button does both. 

If you still have the research crash after you rebuild it, please post the crash log, which should be located in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

Thank you Gentlemen! Rebuilding the research cache seems to have solved that problem.

• Like 1