Missing Icons in Windows 11

KCarmanIII

I know there is probably nothing that can be done about this as windows 11 is not yet released to the public. However, while using a dev. version of Windows 11 there are icons missing throughout the application. Attached is a screenshot of the missing icons. 1603347188_Screenshot2021-07-06000125.thumb.png.8e9a6ed91646e68c271cd57146bdec69.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KCarmanIII said:

...here are icons missing throughout the application...

A couple of us here have installed Accordance in the Windows 11 beta noticed the same thing. It's too early, though, for our developers to address the issue. If it's a bug on Microsoft's part, a future release will address it. If it's some kind of incompatibility, we can look into it closer to the time of Windows 11 release. 

Interestingly, I noticed in my install of Windows 11 that the missing Accordance icons still "function" if you know where they are supposed to be and click in that space. So, they're there, but just not displaying. I imagine this won't be a difficult fix one way or another. 

• Like 1

Yes. Luckily I know where they are. Just wanted to make you aware.

I am so happy to read this! I have been driving myself crazy, I even went as far as uninstalling the program, and it's contents and reinstalling it to no avail. 

There was one other thing. Is it that I just cannot find the icon to do it, or is the functionality broken; but where is the button to make the live click section a floating windows instead of the pane at the bottom? 

22 hours ago, Joel Newman said:

There was one other thing. Is it that I just cannot find the icon to do it, or is the functionality broken; but where is the button to make the live click section a floating windows instead of the pane at the bottom? 

Live-Click or Instant Details?

Try press ctrl and then click on the word.

When you can see it, it's the bottom of the four icons on the left of instant details:

image.thumb.png.85f3210835238e1823e08da00af46105.png

Actually, these icons may be on the right on Windows, I don't remember.

19 hours ago, Silas Marrs said:

Actually, these icons may be on the right on Windows, I don't remember.

They're on the left in both Windows and macOS.

Thankfully the hover function shows a tool tip of the button so even if you don't know exactly where the buttons are you can search a little using these.

I noticed this issue this morning as well. I ought to have checked the forum before installing Windows 11, but lo.....

On 7/6/2021 at 7:58 AM, R. Mansfield said:

A couple of us here have installed Accordance in the Windows 11 beta noticed the same thing. It's too early, though, for our developers to address the issue. If it's a bug on Microsoft's part, a future release will address it. If it's some kind of incompatibility, we can look into it closer to the time of Windows 11 release. 

How long before the developers can look into this? As a fairly new user, I find it very problematic to not see the icons (even if the tooltip does help).

• 1 month later...

Any updates regarding this? With Windows 11 planning to be released next month, I believe this is an important issue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KCarmanIII said:

Any updates regarding this? With Windows 11 planning to be released next month, I believe this is an important issue.

We're working on it now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anxious for the Windows 11 fix.

Bob

I have just noticed that a pane with multiple zones DOES NOT display as is the picture that KCarmanIII posted. However if a pane (tab) has only ONE zone (or resource) it appears to be normal.

Bob

EDIT: My mistake. It is not entirely normal but there is a difference when a tab or zone as multiple items as opposed to one that merely has 1.

Edited by rcdeacon

Windows 11 is coming out Oct 11. Can we assume this will be fixed near that date? Imagine some poor slob spending thousands on a new computer with Win11 only to find their favorite program doesn't work properly. 😉

Mine is now w seems to be fixed

16 hours ago, rcdeacon said:

Ill have to check mine when I get home. 

On 9/25/2021 at 8:30 AM, rcdeacon said:

did you do anything to achieve this? I'm still having the same issue.

No, I did not. The truth is, I had been checking for some time to no avail. I started up my Surface Pro 6 yesterday and noticed that all the icons and labels are there!

Bob

It is working on 13.3.1b1 NOT 13.3! I just checked. However, 13.3.1b1 crashes repeatedly when I attempt to change the tool display on one of my zones.

Bob

Crash Log

Accordance Crash Log
Crashed at: 16:41:55:891 On: 26 of Sep, 2021  Eastern Daylight Time

Accordance Aleph 13.3.1b1 (13.3.0.13799)
Windows 10 (10.0.22000)
RAM: 1473MB free of 8108MB total
Disc: 40GB free of 117GB total

Address:   $0044828F

Backtrace: 
  $0044828F
  $005BAD7B
  $005814C6
  $005827DF
  $75668342
  $756477EA
  $75646EF2
  $7566E87C
  $75646336
  $6CDB7055
  $6CDB54F5
  $75668342
  $756477EA
  $7564641F
  $6CE27F99
  $6CE28037
  $6CE27DB1

Edited by rcdeacon

The crash happens anytime you try to "perform tasks on this pane" and then click on "set pane display" then click on "theme". Instant crash. Matters not if it is a text or tool pane.

Bob

Accordance also crashes when you go into settings and attempt click on tool display.

Edited by rcdeacon
Accordance 13.3.1b1

5 hours ago, rcdeacon said:

It is working on 13.3.1b1 NOT 13.3!

Where did you find 13.3.1b1? everytime I check for updates it says 13.3.0 is the latest version

It updated my Accordance Aleph to 13.3.1b1