[Mac] Accordance Browser not going to browser link.

JoshuaB

Hello,

I am using Blue Letter Bible to search for words. When going to the website via right click search in accordance. I for example want to click Psa. 1:1. Instead of going to the link on the website. It brings up Psa. 1:1 inside accordance. 

456353348_ScreenShot2021-07-04at1_08_40PM.thumb.png.03aad54e9866157675377e760af801c0.png

I can manually copy & paste the correct link into the accordance browser and it shows correctly. I just can not click the link to get to it in the accordance browser. Is there a way to stop accordance from interfering with clicking a link in the browser?

Hi Joshua,

I don't personally use Blue Letter like you are trying to do, so this is just a thought, but I think if you go to Settings --> Web & Text Browser the top of the page shows the homepage, which I think is set to Accordance, and you may try changing it to BLB.

The other idea would be Settings --> External Websites.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

Hello Kristen,

Thank you for the reply. Currently I am using the link https://www.blueletterbible.org/search/preSearch.cfm?criteria=*** to search via External Websites for BLB. I have tried what you described but, I am still getting the same results. It seems to be an issue of Accordance taking over the websites hyperlink. 

- Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Ok, I see. I think it is probably connected to the Web & Text Browser somehow. Under the webpage option it says Hypertext. Check what the "Text" and the two alternatives are set to. I think that might be it, but I actually don't know if you can set it to a text which is not part of your library.  Hopefully someone else on the forum may know more about it.