Couldn't set bookmarks from WBC-OT module

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

I already tried several times, and I couldn't set bookmarks in the WBC-OT module. It works fine with WBC-NT and the commentary modules I was working with (e.g. NAC, JPS Haftarot, NICOT) when I noticed this possible bug. Could you guys check just in case?

Thanks.

I just added three random ones. Does this still happen if you restart Accordance?

image.png

Thanks for this info. I now see that the error occurs when the WBC-OT module is set as a parallel to a bible text. Could you check as well?

I can add bookmarks to WBC-OT while it is in parallel. The blue bookmark indicator shows up in the right margin. Note that they won't show up in the bookmark dropdown because you will have a biblical text as your primary module and will only display bookmarks related to that title. 

Thanks. Because of your feedback, I could narrow it down further. For some random verses the program was able to make the bookmark properly. However, still not for the text with which I found this peculiar glitch.

So try this one as a concrete case: go to 1Sam 15:3, and then open WBC-OT in parallel. Select some text in the paragraph which starts with "Israel’s encounter with Amalek in the wilderness...", and try to make a bookmark from there. At least for me, the blue bookmark indicator still does not appear in the right margin, and no new bookmark appears in 'My Bookmarks' in the Library. It doesn't seem to work even for the paragraphs that comment the verses that follow.

When I do try bookmarking, say, a paragraph commenting Gen 1:1 or Exod 1:1, it works as normal.

Though in the case of Exod 1:1, something unusual happens. When I try to bookmark the first paragraph, "The Book of Exodus opens with a phrase...", the blue bookmark indicator appears at the right margin, but two paragraphs after (beside the text "The narrative regarding Jacob's desire to be buried...").

Bingo! I can't get it to bookmark at that location either. That looks like a definite bug. Perhaps one of our devs can take a look at it.

• Thanks 1

Note: I can add a bookmark at the above location when the text is not in parallel.

Once the mobile app supports the Timeline, Atlas, and is capable of searching multiple resources at once; it will be best mobile app in my mind. Looking forward to the future updates.

Meant to write this in another post....

6 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

Note: I can add a bookmark at the above location when the text is not in parallel.

Yes, I forgot to say that I was able to do that as well, at least as a workaround, in the meantime.

And how about the bookmark icons that are in the wrong place (e.g. when I tried with paragraphs about Exod 1:1)?

6 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

Bingo! I can't get it to bookmark at that location either. That looks like a definite bug. Perhaps one of our devs can take a look at it.

It's good that you were able to confirm this as well. We'll be waiting for the bug fix then. Thanks!