Hebrew word frequency list for the Book of Isaiah

Bielikov

Hi, I need a Hebrew word frequency list for the Book of Isaiah, such as all the words over 300, over 200, etc. I was able to build one with the Bible Vocab app, but suspect that their numbers are for the whole of the Hebrew Bible.

Do a word search for every word (just an asterisk = *) in the HMT and set the search range (not the range command) to Isaiah. Then open the Analytics to Analysis and sort the words by count. 

1583035125_Isaiahwordfrequency.thumb.png.10b3a94970c3d34ba5ec75b24aa1c597.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JonathanHuber said:

Do a word search for every word (just an asterisk = *) in the HMT and set the search range (not the range command) to Isaiah. Then open the Analytics to Analysis and sort the words by count. 

1583035125_Isaiahwordfrequency.thumb.png.10b3a94970c3d34ba5ec75b24aa1c597.png

This was not my question, but your response is a great refresher for me.  Thanks

• Like 1

Jonathan, this is fantastic and just what I needed. Many, many thanks!

It took some effort to learn to find where the Analysis button was, under the word count, but little by little I figure it out and have been enjoying this layout all day. It is extremely interesting to note how many words appear less than five times in Isaiah. Anyway, thanks again.

• Like 1

I think if you look for all words (*) in Isaiah, and then open a separate tab and use the HITS command with the COUNT command you can search for specific number ranges

‎[HITS Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia Tagged]‏@‎[COUNT 100-200]

try it and see if this is what you are seeking

You can also do a COUNT search. Ie [COUNT 200-300] or [COUNT > 200] or [COUNT 200] ( for words that occur exactly 200 times).  Constrain it to Isaiah using a search range (not the RANGE command]

Then do an analysis as above. Lot’s of fun. Cuts down extraneous Information

Mbcvida’s search will work, but has an extra step that isn’t needed. Just use the COUNT command if you wish. 

Edited by Ken Simpson

yes much simpler - thanks Ken