macOS 12 Monterey and Easy Install

jakimo

Every year I grab up all of Apple's betas day one, wiping everything clean each time. 

Yesterday I restarted my MacBook Pro M1, Accordance had some hiccups but runs now.

Just thought I'd drop a note, Accordance won't easily flow through Easy Install unless you turn off Private Relay, a new feature from Apple.

"Private Relay keeps your internet activity private and secure. It protects Safari browsing with complete IP masking and web traffic encryption. It even protects you when using apps (like Accordance!), preventing ISPs from profiling you."

Thought I'd drop this here in case anyone else comes across issues re-installing Accordance after installing the latest =)

Jacques

Well, that's good to know. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, jakimo said:

Just thought I'd drop a note, Accordance won't easily flow through Easy Install unless you turn off Private Relay, a new feature from Apple.

Interesting. I've installed Monterey and Easy Install is working as expected. Where are the Private Relay settings? 

Private Relay is a feature of Apple's new Cloud+ I believe — which will be available to all current iCloud users.  I haven't dug into it yet, but it seems to be either a VPN and/or Tor-like in/out randomizer for network traffic.