Suggestion: New Forum Section For i*OS Discussions

The forum has a place to post Mac related discussions. It has a heretical section for Windows people to discuss their sinfulness. But, there is no place for people to discuss stuff related to iOS and iPadOS. Not that we would have as much to discuss, but still.

37 minutes ago, Joe said:

The forum has . . . a heretical section for Windows people to discuss their sinfulness.

You know, as a Windows user I’m really tired of these insults. It is a definite undercurrent in the Accordance forum, not espoused by everyone but by the usual members. These are only funny as an inside joke to some Mac users.

Have you all read Rick Mansfield’s post at https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/29618-please-dump-dropbox/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-148797 , specifically that,

The reality is that if we had stayed Mac-only, we probably wouldn't be here. The Windows emulator was not a good solution, and we found a better one by creating a Windows-native app”?

There is a lot of moralizing on this forum, but never against Windows insults.

Accordance, please put something in the forum guidelines about respecting the Windows platform and Windows users.

Edited by Michel Gilbert
Sorry Rick, I misspelled your last name and corrected it

42 minutes ago, Michel Gilbert said:

You know, as a Windows user I’m really tired of these insults.

I was making a joke. Mac and Windows people are supposed to give each other a hard time in all good fun. The reality is that I am mostly exclusively an iPad user. I am jealous that a person can get a windows tablet and run full fledged Accordance, whereas that is not possible on iPad. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

But, there is no place for people to discuss stuff related to iOS and iPadOS. Not that we would have as much to discuss, but still.

I'll let @Joel Brown make the call if we need to add an iOS section to go with our "Mainly Mac" and "Windows Wisdom" sections.

51 minutes ago, Michel Gilbert said:

Accordance, please put something in the forum guidelines about respecting the Windows platform and Windows users.

I think it would fall under "Discussion of biblical interpretation, points of theology, and personal beliefs is inappropriate for this board" in the Guidelines

In an attempt to give Joe the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure he was just kidding; however, Michel, your point is well taken. Computer platform loyalty can become as partisan as politics and sports teams. We value Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux 😞TRS-80, and Commodore 64 platforms equally and ask everyone to be respectful of each other.

Just now, R. Mansfield said:

We value Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux 😞TRS-80, and Commodore 64 platforms equally and ask everyone to be respectful of each other.

Well played.

1 minute ago, R. Mansfield said:

I'll let Joel make the call if we need to add an iOS section to go with our "Mainly Mac" and "Windows Wisdom" sections.

We obviously won’t have as much semi-off topic stuff to discuss other than new OS updates and other apps that may be beneficial to users of Accordance. If such an idea is rejected, we can just use the Mainly Mac since its in the apple family.

• Like 1

I'll hold off on it for now - agreed, there isn't necessarily that much to talk about, and our current Mainly Macintosh and Windows Wisdom forums don't get a lot of traffic anyway.  Always happy to be convinced otherwise if there's a lot of user demand!

• Like 1

I'm still pining for 

… something like an "Accordance Automation" sub, as a discussion of all things:

1. accord://

2. Get Verses function

3. Accordance Services

4. Any scripting or other automation

just a thought.

😁

• Like 2

On 6/9/2021 at 5:18 PM, Michel Gilbert said:

You know, as a Windows user I’m really tired of these insults.

As a Windows user, I thought it was funny. ^_^ Lighten up and laugh, folks. Btw, this is the first such joke I've seen on these forums. I'm fine with them as long as people can make anti-Apple jokes, too.

There are certain terms (not profanities) to describe someone who would push forum moderators to be bullies and censors. I have discovered that the environment here is already rigid and prohibitive enough that I can't say them. Please, let's not make our ability to communicate any more constricted.

Edited by Daniel L