Workflow suggestions for using both Accordance and Logos

Blake Johnson

I keep my notes outside of both platforms. I’ve been using Nota Bene for notes so I can search them with Orbis, but I may even convert them to a format that can be opened in a standards-based app in case I need to use them on a machine without Nota Bene. Pretty much everything has worked well if you can simply remember that notes are stored outside your Bible app. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I keep my notes outside of both platforms. I’ve been using Nota Bene for notes so I can search them with Orbis, but I may even convert them to a format that can be opened in a standards-based app in case I need to use them on a machine without Nota Bene. Pretty much everything has worked well if you can simply remember that notes are stored outside your Bible app. 🙂 

One suggestion for development might be the following. Just as Accordance has added on a web page in order to access internet ressources, could it also envision some kind of system whereby you could write notes in Accordance, along with the usual "note button" beside verses or paragraphs, and have it saved by default to another format that could be chosen by the user, such as txt., docx, etc.?

Also, I believe exporting note files in a format that isn't proprietary (or, at least, that is more universal) would be a desideratum.

• Like 3

Good pointers. I can select text in a text or tool and export as an RTF file, but it doesn’t seem that’s an option for notes yet. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 6:25 AM, Donald Cobb said:

One suggestion for development might be the following. Just as Accordance has added on a web page in order to access internet ressources, could it also envision some kind of system whereby you could write notes in Accordance, along with the usual "note button" beside verses or paragraphs, and have it saved by default to another format that could be chosen by the user, such as txt., docx, etc.?

Also, I believe exporting note files in a format that isn't proprietary (or, at least, that is more universal) would be a desideratum.

The developers are thinking about this: I don’t remember which developer it was, but he said a couple of months ago that he was considering Markdown. That’s a well-known format, and would make it easy to offer editing GUIs on all platforms (Android and perhaps Accordance Cloud need editing support). However, it’s not WYSIWYG (unless you have a particularly clever GUI), and doesn’t support everything the current interface does (different fonts and font sizes, small caps).

Personally, I would be happy with Markdown notes, but I don’t know if everyone would be.

• Like 2

I would be very happy with MarkDown and it ties Accordance into many of core apps - Ulysses,  Drafts, Craft. etc.,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jlm said:

The developers are thinking about this: I don’t remember which developer it was, but he said a couple of months ago that he was considering Markdown. That’s a well-known format, and would make it easy to offer editing GUIs on all platforms (Android and perhaps Accordance Cloud need editing support). However, it’s not WYSIWYG (unless you have a particularly clever GUI), and doesn’t support everything the current interface does (different fonts and font sizes, small caps).

Personally, I would be happy with Markdown notes, but I don’t know if everyone would be.

I'm not crazy about markdown unless the app has a "preview" option so I don't have to look at markdown symbols.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll pass this on.