INTERLINEAR FOR THE REST OF US

gtravis3

Howdy,

I am new to Accordance so I am learning my around. I have Dr. Mounce's Reverse Interlinear New Testament Word Studies for Accordance, but either I do not know how to use Accordance properly; or else the General Guidelines, as a minimum, are missing from the electronic version. I do not know if this is a Mac type of bug or an editorial decision etc. 

The Bible seems to just start at Matthew. Am I missing something? 

Thank you

Edited by gtravis3

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what module you're asking about.  Is it this one?  https://www.accordancebible.com/product/mounce-new-testament-with-g-k-numbers-and-phrase-tagging/

In general, only tools will contain front matter.  Texts contain only scripture.

1 hour ago, gtravis3 said:

Howdy,

I am new to Accordance so I am learning my around. I have Dr. Mounce's Reverse Interlinear New Testament Word Studies for Accordance, but either I do not know how to use Accordance properly; or else the General Guidelines, as a minimum, are missing from the electronic version. I do not know if this is a Mac type of bug or an editorial decision etc. 

The Bible seems to just start at Matthew. Am I missing something? 

Thank you

I don't see a module called this on Accordance's website. If you mean you have both Mounce's Reverse Interlinear and Wuest's Word Studies then that makes more sense. However, being a New Testament it will only have books Matt-Rev. I don't have Wuest so I am not following which General Guidelines you are looking for. But if you could clarify the module's precise name hopefully someone who has them could comment, or Oaktree could.

Thx

D

Thank you for your replies. And yes you are both right at the same time; as best as I can tell. 
In the description from the link that Silas provided; and that I purchased: “A new translation by Robert H. Mounce and William D. Mounce, the Mounce New Testament (widely known as the Mounce Reverse-Interlinear NT)”

FROM THE APPLICATION information button

The Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament Copyright © 2011 by Robert H. Mounce and William D. Mounce All rights reserved Version 1.5    

I thought that I was getting the whole thing,  based on this. Once installed into the application, and viewed in the library, the cover is changed from what is shown on the website to that of the actual Reverse Interlinear NT hard copy. 
One has the option to ‘activate’ the Interlinear and the 4 line staffs will appear. 
In the case of module, it is listed as a library text as Silas states. However given the purpose of this book I can’t but help feel that something went wrong, there is far too much missing from it as it stands. 

the cover is changed from what is shown on the website

This is one is one of the multiple inconsistencies in the Accordance imperium.

Hi Fabian,

Alas. Well here’s hoping that the developers are reading and can fix and revise or explain what happened.  
Without the General Guidelines a person can become totally lost in the Interlinear. Worse without the Appendices to assist; and even more worse because there is no Greek for the Rest of Us module available from Accordance at this time.  I don’t know if Accordance is waiting for revision 3 to come out; next January I think; or if there is some other reason why the have not included it with Dr Mounce’s other works. 

It looks like we have the wrong image on our website, and we'll get that fixed asap. I've contacted Dr. Mounce to find out exactly what might be missing from our module, and we'll add whatever prefatory material or appendices are missing. 

Edited by Mark Allison

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

It looks like we have the wrong image on our website, and we'll get that fixed asap. I've contacted Dr. Mounce to find out exactly what might be missing from our Text, and we'll add whatever prefatory material or appendices are missing. 

I appreciate that Mark, 

Here is what I believe is missing from the module as contrasted to the print version:

• Preface
  • General Guidelines
  • Appendix A: Detailed Guidelines
  • Appendix B: Greek-English Dictionary

NOTE: If one selects a word in the module, an abbreviated definition of that word, if applicable, will appear at the bottom panel. Appendix B provides more detailed definitions. 

Thank you. 

Edited by gtravis3
  • Like 1

Hats off to Mark, that website link (in the reply from Silas) image has already been changed. 

Thank you

Hats off to Mark, that website link (in the reply from Silas) image has already been changed. 

Thank you

Thanks, but that was all @Julie Palmer 🙂