Extremely slow start after Android 11 upgrade

Daniel L

The app (2.2.1) now takes a very long time to start up -- a full three minutes! I timed it. The slowdown seems to have coincided with my Motorola phone's recent upgrade from Android 10 to 11. If I don't close the app and come back to it after a while, it still takes a long time -- I think over a minute. No other apps have slowed down since the upgrade.

If a developer needs technical info about my phone, I'll PM or email the full CPU-Z report for it.

Have you tried clearing the Data Cache in the App Settings of the device? Try just the Cache first, then if it still doesn't improve clear the Data for the App. If you need to do the latter you will need to install the modules via Easy Install. 

• Like 1

Daniel, can you let me know if Scott's suggestion makes any difference?  Three minutes is much longer than it should take!

Clearing the cache didn't help. I uninstalled the app and installed it fresh. It worked! Then I transferred the storage to my SD card, and the slowness returned. So it's something about SD cards on Android 11? Or maybe it's just my model of phone. Or the SD card, which is a 256 MB Samsung.

Ahh, apps on SD cards has always been a bane for speed of ops. There are dozens of reasons this can be the case. I think you may have answered your question. 

But I was running it fine off the card on Android 10. It was fast. There is a software issue somewhere.

And pretty apparently not on the Accordance side 😀

• Like 1

Don't say it . . . 

Don't say it . . . 

Don't say it . . . 

Well . . . it is Android . . .

DOH!

Other apps use the card, but they are not slow. Only Accordance is slow.

Which storage did you transfer to the SD card?  How would I do that?

• 2 months later...

I don't understand what you're asking. I used the Storage feature in the Accordance settings to switch it from Device to SD card.

As of today, I can't get Accordance to come up at all. It loads for a long time, then disappears.