Error in documentation for HTML Import into a User Tool

jlm

I had some trouble today getting Accordance to recognize an HTML file as UTF-8, even though I'd copied the required tag from the documentation and pasted it into my file. It turns out there's an error in the tag in the documentation. When I corrected the error in my file, the file was recognized as UTF-8.

According to the documentation for Accordance 13 on macOS, the tag should be

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset-UTF-8">

The error is that "charset-UTF-8" should be "charset=UTF-8". It won't work if there is a hyphen in place of the equals sign.

• Like 3

While I'm reporting, there's another error on the same page: according to the table,<em> produces bold in the User Tool. It actually produces italic, as one would expect.

• Like 1

As mentioned in another topic, support for <a href="accord://…"> is undocumented. Please add it to the table while you are making corrections.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll fix the help documentation asap.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Today I was looking for another piece of information, and I see that the above errors have not yet been fixed.

It seems there's another error: the documentation says <size 18> will make 18pt text. I want something in smaller text than the 12 point default, so I tried <size 10>Is 11:1</size>, but this had no effect. Since I don't think <size> was ever a standard HTML tag, I also tried <font size="10">Is 11:1</font> and <font size="-1">Is 11:1</font>, but neither of these worked either. FIrefox understands them (giving me enormous text for the first, and smaller text for the second), but Accordance does not.

Does anyone know the correct syntax to tell Accordance that text in HTML should be smaller than the default?