EGGNT Romans Structure "Boxes" - How Can They Be Copied And Pasted?

JohnABarnett

See attached screen capture showing EGGNT Romans structure section for 8:18ff.

Is it possible to copy and paste the inset "box" containing the formatted Greek text? If so, how?

EGGNT Romans - 2021 04 17.jpg

I think I got my answer here in a post by Mark Allison from 2019.

https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/25597-eggnt-on-mobile/?do=findComment&comment=126120

Since these are images and not text, I conclude that what I hoped was possible is not possible.

So far I have not figured out how to even copy and paste it as an image so I can include it in a Word document.  The text is not selectable, and the image is not selectable. 

One other problem is the volatility of the image when I enlarge it sufficiently to read it. The slightest scrolling makes it immediately reduce to the tiny, unreadable original size.

The only alternative I can think of at this point is to take a screen capture of the enlarged text and then paste that imagine into Word. Any other ideas?

Edited by JohnABarnett

Yes, I think a screen capture is the only way to copy these charts. 

• Like 1

Makes a systematic use of them quite the project. In one sense, a picture rather than editable text has it's side benefits, in that one can be sure of having an unalterable original. But the added step of having to screen capture and then save and then insert into Word seems needlessly tedious.

I imagine Accordance has entered into agreements with (some) publishers that may prevent directly copying and pasting pictures? If not, this becomes a feature request.

We chose this particular solution for the EGGNT because it makes the content inside the charts and diagrams searchable. If they were images, that wouldn't be the case.

• Like 2

Decided to create a Word document that includes the EGGNT structure and formatted Greek text. 

My EGGNT Romans in Word Example.jpg

• Like 1

One further problem with the inability to edit this content ---  there are (Greek) characters in whatever content is in the source material that do not appear as the characters in the Accordance EGGNT material. They look to have come through as gobbledygook. I'm sure this is the fault of the publisher, but it nonetheless means that the material is irretrievably "tainted" when this happens. The user is unable to make the necessary extrapolated corrections for his actual use.

Again, not Accordance's fault, but a user problem.

I'm not seeing that corruption. Are you using the latest version of the EGGNT-9 (version 1.3)?

Actually, I'm seeing that corruption in Windows, but not on the Mac. I'll report it.

Just saw your follow up.

I am using only the Romans volume in Windows. Info in the Library shows version 1.2. 

A quick scroll through reveals corruptions in the following sections:

2. 17-29

5. 12-21

6. 1-14

6. 15-23

10. 5-13

11. 25-32

There could be more, that's just what I saw.

Thanks, Mark.

Edited by JohnABarnett