Summary: Accordance 10–13 on Crossover 20.0.4

Michael Brennen

I am not sure if Technical Support is the best place to post this; please place it where it best fits.

Important: If you want to Accordance to work on Crossover, please go to the page https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility, enter “Accordance,” then click on Accordance 13.  Click on the checkbox “Vote for Support” to upvote Accordance in the Crossover system. I have submitted Accordance 13 with two stars (installs but does not run), but it may not be public yet; Crossover shows my entry as position 1 in the queue, so hopefully it will be up soon. If you do not see it, check again every couple of days. I added myself as an advocate for Accordance 12, but emphasis should be placed on the current release.

I have checked the Accordance releases for Windows from 10 to 13 with Crossover 20.0.4, either on a Mac or a Fedora 32 system. I am a new user still learning Accordance, so I am not using it to the extent that many here will know to do. As newer Crossover releases are made I will test them with Accordance; if there are noteworthy improvements I will post them.

All tests were run in a 32 bit Windows 10 bottle on Crossover.

10 seems to work fairly well. It occasionally threw an internet connection unavailable message, but clicking Refresh, or whatever was appropriate, it was able access the net and continue. In the Crossover scheme I rate this four stars.

11 somewhat works; it too occasionally threw internet not available messages, but after trying again it was able to access the net and continue. With some effort 11 could be used, but the text windows usually do not show up unless the mouse is active in the window or if text is selected. Page up and down usually results in a blank page, and the mouse must be active or text selected to make it show up. The ‘widgets’ (for lack of a better term) do not show up unless the mouse rolls over them; these are the controls in the upper left to decrease or increase the font size (A A), show or hide interlinear, and so forth. If one does not know they are there, those functionalities would not be available. I rated this three stars in Crossover.

12 and 13 do not work. Both get to the download screen right after the account verification screen, and there they stop. 13 in particular is hard to use because all the windows are black; finding the fields to fill in is a matter of knowing where they are and clicking around until one shows up. I rated these two stars in Crossover.

My summary is that 10 should work fairly well, pending qualification from users who can test it in depth. I would not attempt to use 11–13 on Crossover 20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Fixed!

• Thanks 1