KOHLENBERGER/MOUNCE & HCSB / CSB

ArnoldsBibleResource

The KOHLENBERGER/MOUNCE DICTIONARY still links to HCSB.

Can the HCSB module kindly be made available for free to owners of 
CSB (2017) with Strong's?

1760438196_KOHLENBERGER-MOUNCEHCSBCSB.png.2711a1a3582c913318f19886f2aecd92.png

Considering that
"Users who own the Holman Christian Standard Bible with Strong’s (HCSBS with Strong’s) can upgrade to the Christian Standard Bible with Strong’s Numbers (CSB17S) for FREE. The upgrade does not replace the HCSB, so it can be run in parallel for comparison."

4 minutes ago, ArnoldsBibleResource said:
The KOHLENBERGER/MOUNCE DICTIONARY still links to HCSB.

Can the HCSB module kindly be made available for free to owners of 
CSB (2017) with Strong's?

1760438196_KOHLENBERGER-MOUNCEHCSBCSB.png.2711a1a3582c913318f19886f2aecd92.png

Considering that
"Users who own the Holman Christian Standard Bible with Strong’s (HCSBS with Strong’s) can upgrade to the Christian Standard Bible with Strong’s Numbers (CSB17S) for FREE. The upgrade does not replace the HCSB, so it can be run in parallel for comparison."

Windows desktop, newest Concordance updates

I noticed the other day that the Mounce Greek Dictionary now links to the CSB. I would imagine the Kohlenberger/Mounce will eventually do the same.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Timothy Hall said:

I noticed the other day that the Mounce Greek Dictionary now links to the CSB. I would imagine the Kohlenberger/Mounce will eventually do the same.

Give me a few minutes...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Version 3.3 of Kohlenberger/Mounce is now available with HCSB links updated to CSB.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow! I work for this company, and I'm blown away at the speed of that update!

• Like 3

Mr. McFeely was fast, but not as fast as Mark!

How fast can you sing the "Speedy Delivery" song? Me, not too fast. ;)

—Joseph, the not so fast anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

So...for those of us who own HCSB in BibleWorks but transitioned to Accordance and now only have CSB, is there a way to get HCSB as well? I do teaching that covers changes in English Bible translations and it would be SUPER helpful to not have to boot up my old laptop and BibleWorks whenever I want to show students how HCSB readings were changed in the CSB (as well as the ESV original and ESV updates, for that matter). Can anyone help a 20yr BibleWorks user who is trying to switch over (and has spent a hefty amount to do so!) get access to prior English Bible versions he owns already in other software but are now out of publication? If so, may you be blessed and highly favored!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DiscipleDojo said:

So...for those of us who own HCSB in BibleWorks but transitioned to Accordance and now only have CSB, is there a way to get HCSB as well? I do teaching that covers changes in English Bible translations and it would be SUPER helpful to not have to boot up my old laptop and BibleWorks whenever I want to show students how HCSB readings were changed in the CSB (as well as the ESV original and ESV updates, for that matter). Can anyone help a 20yr BibleWorks user who is trying to switch over (and has spent a hefty amount to do so!) get access to prior English Bible versions he owns already in other software but are now out of publication? If so, may you be blessed and highly favored!

Please contact our sales/support staff directly. I'm sure they can help you out:

orders@accordancebible.com
(407) 339-5855

On 5/26/2021 at 6:46 AM, Mark Allison said:

Please contact our sales/support staff directly. I'm sure they can help you out:

orders@accordancebible.com
(407) 339-5855

Hi Mark. I did contact sales and they unlocked the NIV84 with G/K numbers, but said that they were unable to do so for earlier ESV versions or the HCSB. 😕

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

@DiscipleDojo — I messaged sales around the same time you did in 2021, but recently I noticed that the HCSB is purchasable on the website again.

Now might be a good time to bag it if you haven't been able to yet!

It is indeed back by popular demand! Grab it today!

On 5/28/2021 at 8:45 PM, DiscipleDojo said:

Hi Mark. I did contact sales and they unlocked the NIV84 with G/K numbers, but said that they were unable to do so for earlier ESV versions or the HCSB. 😕

About a year ago, I managed to get NIV84 in Accordance (I had to buy it in Logos first), but I was told that the module with G/K numbers was no longer available. Maybe I need to contact Sales again. Can I get NIV84 with G/K, @Dr. Nathan Parker? I prefer NIV84 over NIV2011, so this is something I really want.

I'd re-ask Sales on that one. I'm not sure of the latest status on it.

On 3/31/2024 at 11:26 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I'd re-ask Sales on that one. I'm not sure of the latest status on it.

I called today. The sales rep said I couldn't get it with G/K, but the verdict seemed a little shaky. I recall that to get the NIV84 at all required some administrative jockeying. I wonder if someone higher up at Oak Tree could make the judgment call to allow me to buy it.

Did you contact Customer Service? That's where you'd be able to get a final answer on this.