Logging in as different user retains all purchased resources of first user

ArnoldsBibleResource

Just for noting, and I believe of no priority for now, and it may not have been intended as I used it.

Latest beta installed.

Logging in as alternate user:

• I go Settings-> Account
  • I log out from my primary account which has all purchased resources, installed and and not yet installed on the phone.
  • I then log back in with my second, demonstration account, which has only the free Starter resources.
  • Once logged into the demonstration account it has access to all the paid resources of the first, both installed and not installed, instead of only the free resources.

Arnold

• Thanks 1

I think a login failure should not be deleting all of the resources installed. This would make an Accordance install dependent on functional internet and functional Accordance servers, which would be quite bad.

• Thanks 1

OK, I'm not referring to a Login Fail.

I can successfully (consecutively) log in to either of the accounts and there is no failure.

And no, definitely not delete any resources.

What I mean is that a specific account should only "see" modules associated with that specific account.

Hiding resources in the library on a bad logon event or changed account would also be bad. I think you mean, hide them in Easy Install?

• Thanks 1

Well, yes, I think so.

Or, rather than hiding, limit or let the user's license(s) only recognize modules belonging to that account.

I have now tried to test on Windows 10, but it seems to me one cannot log out of Accordance on the desktop, or else I can't find it. Can one log out?

Edited by ArnoldsBibleResource

On 4/13/2021 at 5:32 PM, ArnoldsBibleResource said:

it seems to me one cannot log out of Accordance on the desktop, or else I can't find it. Can one log out?

Logging out on the desktop version is done in this menu:

image.png.d75c464cc3308f7a34378fe01d0d12ac.png

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, ArnoldsBibleResource said:
  • Once logged into the demonstration account it has access to all the paid resources of the first, both installed and not installed, instead of only the free resources.

Arnold, I can't reproduce this on my Android phone.  When I log in with a different account, Easy Install seems to properly update the list to only show the things available to the account that is currently logged in.

Can you think of any other step that you might have done that would help me reproduce?

EDIT:

Are you talking about the "purchases" section, or the "updates" section?

Edited by Silas Marrs
  • Thanks 1

Hi Silas,

All of the following is on Windows 10, with everything updated, and logged in with the different account (ArnoldsBibleDemo).

1. When logged in with this (different) account, Easy Install properly updates and displays the install list to only show the Lite Collection available to this account, and  not installed.

However, what I'm curious about is that all purchased modules of the primary account (ArnoldsBibleResource) are available in the library of, and can be accessed by the second account.

EasyInstall.png.cd28c375906cd73908b5372eba1a6489.png

2. Here is the clip for Free Updates

335126403_UpdatesFree.png.c1c06377ec25d1713648229dbd423888.png

Edited by ArnoldsBibleResource

3. This is the clip for Paid Updates

490969706_UpdatesPaid.png.d9ef0b15912e1f73cc53330a50cfdaa0.png

4. Sync with Dropbox needs to reconnect (which I won't be trying).

Yes, we allow people to keep using modules that are installed even if the account they are currently signed in with doesn't own them.  I can understand why that would seem like a bug, since it's not how most companies would handle it, but we don't want to cut users off from content they've paid for just because they paid for it with a different account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Silas, what would be the purpose and benefit of additional accounts in this instance? How would one utilize an extra account?

It's not so much that there is a benefit as that sometimes less tech savvy users accidentally open a second account without knowing what they are doing.

• Like 1