Infopane misses relevant Info? For ex, Mount Ebal and Gerizim

murraymartin

Hi, I am looking at Deuteronomy 11:29 and as I understand things, the infopane is supposed to use a Bible ontology or controlled vocabulary to “understand” all the places and people in the current passage as well as general topics discussed in the passage. 

Mount Gerizim and Ebal are mentioned but I  can’t find these when amplifying to the atlas. In the infopane it also doesn’t show mount Ebal as a recognized mountain. Clicking on Gerizim shows me a dictionary definition but no map and I have the various maps with the graphics collection. 

I noticed this again in Judges 9: when Gerizim is mentioned again but I can’t find it in the atlas either.  I searched for visual tools and graphics and while there are pics of the mountain I was hoping to find where it is located on a map. 

I guess I am basically asking how complete the semantic database or the controlled vocabulary is at this point. Is it possible that I am trying to use the infopane in ways that it is not designed to do?

Edited by murraymartin

To confirm what you're saying, both Mt. Gerizim and Mt. Ebal are in the atlas. Not certain why they're not showing up on the Info Pane. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 11.42.36 AM.png

I'm not one of our developers, but I would think this would be something that could be coded in. Someone else in the company may want to speak to this. 

Probably because they have different names in the actual atlas.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 3.41.18 PM.png

It must be just those two that are not coded. You can "Look Up in Atlas" Mount Tabor, or Mount Sinai and they are found. From within the Atlas pane you can search for Gerizim or Ebal and it will find it. 

• Like 1