Menus not appearing

LordByron

Greetings!

I'm not even sure how to describe this but while working on a Paper, the Accordance menus suddenly stop working.  I click on the gear in Papers to see the menu to create a new sub-item for example, but the menu will not appear.  Then I try accessing the File menu or any other menu, and no menu appears.  I was able to get it working properly again just by closing my laptop so the computer goes into sleep/stand-by and then waking up the computer again.  It didn't take long for it to malfunction again though.

Seems to happen after performing actions within the Paper.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

I am not able to reproduce this on a preliminary attempt, so I may need more info.

1. Restarting Accordance didn't fix the problem?  You had to restart your computer?  (You can quit without using the menu with Ctrl+Q.)
  2. Is there a specific action you are taking in your papers when you notice this?  (E.g. typing, reordering items, showing hiding items?)
  3. Can you share one of your papers?  
Edited by Silas Marrs

On 4/5/2021 at 5:27 PM, Silas Marrs said:

I am not able to reproduce this on a preliminary attempt, so I may need more info.

1. Restarting Accordance didn't fix the problem?  You had to restart your computer?  (You can quit without using the menu with Ctrl+Q.)
  2. Is there a specific action you are taking in your papers when you notice this?  (E.g. typing, reordering items, showing hiding items?)
  3. Can you share one of your papers?  

1. I did have to restart my computer in the end, though simply putting it to sleep and waking it up worked the first time.

2. I wasn't working in Papers very much this week, so I can't really say exactly when it happens.  It seems to be when I am editing the Paper by typing additional text into the "contents" and then clicking away from that to de-select it.  Somehow constantly switching between headings and contents and then to Bible text panes triggers something.  It did not occur today while I was making some small changes to a Paper.

3.  Here is the paper I was working on at the time attached below:

Easter 2021.apaper

• Thanks 1